THEGOLDPRO'S 2011 Stripe/Equipment thread.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THEGOLDPRO, Apr 25, 2011.

1. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks great man!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. stik208

stik208 LawnSite Member

[​IMG]

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

You are correct the stripes that are usually really bright are a combination of the camera and the direction the sun is shining. once the sun moves they usually are not as bright.

Everyone knows the reason lawns stripe is because the sun reflects off of the grass which is bent over and produces the actual stripe. The brighter the sun, and the more direct angle the sun is shining on the passes you just made. the brighter the stripe.

4. THEGOLDPRO

I double cut not because i need to in order to "stripe" the yard, i double cut to make it look better, mulch the discharged grass ever more, and leave a superior looking product then most people. Unlike most company's i actually care about what my lawns look like when i leave, If it looks like crap i will mow it again until it looks the way i want. The striping is just an added bonus when im done.

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Not to mention, if the clippings aren't cut up small enough you will be mowing them next week and the week after and the week after.........

6. THEGOLDPRO

Yea there is nothing worse then seeing a yard days after it was cut by some hack that has dead brown grass everywhere because they were too lazy to double cut it.

7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Well, apparently you wouldn't even have stripes if you didn't double cut.

8. THEGOLDPRO

I know my mower literally does not stripe at ALL if i dont atleast cut it 6 times. :)

9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like you'd better get a new one then. We all know Exmarks are crap.

10. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

Yep.:laugh::laugh: