1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

THEGOLDPRO'S 2011 Stripe/Equipment thread.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THEGOLDPRO, Apr 25, 2011.

1. turfcarelawns

turfcarelawns LawnSite Member

That's a lot of stress on the turf. I learned the hard way. Stripes are very important but correct height is more important. Just passing on advice.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

I don't care about saving labor or fuel. Like i said i don't double cut because the mower isn't doing a good enough job, i do it to make the final product better. In my opinion double cutting Makes the final product twice as nice.

If i was a low baller and doing work for peanuts i more then likely woulden't bother with double cutting, But i charge what i should and price jobs correctly so im not worried about losing money. In most cases double cutting only adds a few more minutes to the job, so its not that big of a deal.

3. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

I double because of excessive clippings, bagging removes beneficial nutrients, next season I'll add a mulch kit.

4. THEGOLDPRO

One from today.
    [​IMG]

5. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

double cutting does not take you 2x as long, i spend the majority of my time with going around the property, bobing in and out of fences, going around trees and mailboxes....

6. THEGOLDPRO

Here is a pic of a field we mowed, the right side has been double cut the left has not. I know to most people its not a big deal and cant figure out why we decide to double cut, but to us the right side looks much better.
    [​IMG]
    One of my brother mowing.
    [​IMG]
    Little diamond look.
    [​IMG]
    truck and trailer the other day.
    [​IMG]

7. TJ Property

TJ Property LawnSite Member
    from CT

How you guys liking that new exmark? Looking at some stand ons the other days the lazers Zs look very nice.

8. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I double cut most of mine, again it just makes it look that much better, as you have shown, and it also gets the few blades that didnt get cut. Maybe for the few who don't water during the dry hot parts of the summer I only cut once. But most now are soooo tall that it takes double cutting.

9. THEGOLDPRO

I like it man, Its night and day between the new lazer and my 08 lazer. EVERYTHING is better on the new lazer.

10. THEGOLDPRO

Yea if its dry and thin we wont double cut, but if its lush and green and growing fast we always double cut.