THEGOLDPRO'S 2011 Stripe/Equipment thread.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THEGOLDPRO, Apr 25, 2011.

1. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

How many hours on the new mower? and any more belt issues?

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

The new lazer has 300 hours on it. Deck belt seems fine, I ran a stick over last week that jumped up and knocked the hydro belt off track, Put that one back on as well and it too seems fine.

3. TJ Property

TJ Property LawnSite Member
    from CT

The guy up at a dealer in mass im using offered me some good money for the scag traded in on a new exmark 29 efi with bagger i dont know if i can pass it up! How is there efi on fuel?

4. THEGOLDPRO

My new lazer is a 29 efi and its literally 2-3 times better on fuel then my 28 kawi on the 08 lazer.

5. jay12

jay12 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Talking about belts on the new lazers, I think if you keep from hitting anything they last very well. One of mine has 900 hrs with no belt issues. Overall only a new battery since it was new. Gold pro, what do you estimate your gph to be. I do wish I would have tried an efi this time, but I went back with the same carb set up. Im curious how much it would save?

6. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

In the photo, the right side looks faded. I'm guessing that standing there, it might look better. If you could lay down on both sides and take closeups, those would be the pics to put side by side: showing like a 6 square foot area. Personally, I prefer lawns a couple of days later when the stripes - what I call distractions - vanish. On the golf courses, we used to double-mow mainly for tournaments when an even putting or chipping height was desired for the collar and greens. But in general, if the blades were maintained nicely, single mowing was completely sufficient.

Part of whether to double-mow may depend on the grass species. And I'm sure some customers will notice. Whether they notice it without being told, would be an interesting survey.

On moist clay soils like we have in NW Oregon, double mowing can also double soil compaction on the surface, especially in May and June, depending on the lawn.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  7. djlunchbox

djlunchbox LawnSite Member

i can't see most of the pics. Damnit...... I am interested in seeing the single cut vs double cut pic.

8. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

I CANT SEE ANY OF THE PICTURES EITHER. I CAN SEE LIKE 10 in the whole thread.
    Ive tried on 6 computers, two phones and an ipad and cant view any of them for some reason.

9. THEGOLDPRO

10. THEGOLDPRO

i uploaded the single vs double cut pic to another place let me know if you can see it now??
    [​IMG]