1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

THEGOLDPRO'S 2011 Stripe/Equipment thread.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THEGOLDPRO, Apr 25, 2011.

1. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

I can see the ruts on the right side
  2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Can you see me now? lol

Then you're not seeing the correct picture.
  3. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

The left side doesn't look very dark, the right side is where its at! I double cut almost all of my lawns to make the stripe darker. I even triple cut some parts of the nicer lawns
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. ny scaper

ny scaper LawnSite Member

Who's the hater on your photo album?? LOL.
    Anyway, you leave the nicest cuts I have on here and say how you double cut most of your properties. I was wondering do you cut the same direction on each cut? Or do you change it up: ie: Horizontal 2X VS. Horizontal then Vertical. I usually double cut two different directions. Just looking for your input and whether there is a right or wrong in your opinion for the overall health of the turf. Also, I dont really care about stripes. Thanks.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks man, I change direction every week sometimes every other week, When i double cut i only cut the one direction im cutting that week. Any of the pics i posted where a diamond pattern is present those intersecting lines are from the week before, i did not cut it in two different directions that day to make a diamond pattern.

Stick with your belt drive 48's :rolleyes: And dont make me have to Embarrass you on here.
  7. ny scaper

ny scaper LawnSite Member

Thanks for the quick response. Appreciate it. Have fun with the leaves!

Ill admit every now and again i am know to triple cut some sections, Depends what kind of mood im in.
  9. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I know that feeling! You definitely give a quality product/service.

Just because were are in somewhat the same climate what kind of blades do you feel work best for you? I used high lifts this year and loved em. I recently switched to mulchers for the fall leaves and man they are horrible, clump central.

Thanks man, i just get whatever the standard blade they came with when i go to my dealer to buy blades, I dont really spend much time trying a bunch of diffrent blades, I will however say i bought a set of super high lift blades one time and will never ever buy another set of them. They were horrible.