THEGOLDPRO'S 2011 Stripe/Equipment thread.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THEGOLDPRO, Apr 25, 2011.

1. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea I think my were just high lifts and they just seem to cut better. Mulchers leave too many uncut .

I just watched that "Hurricane Blower" video. Good lord that thing moves some leaves! Were you able to just push those to the vacant woods/field?

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Yea we lose the leaves on 99% of our properties, Perks of living in a wooded area i suppose.

3. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

makes life easier when you dont have to collect debris and bring it somewhere!

4. THEGOLDPRO

one from today.
    [​IMG]

5. jpang115

jpang115 LawnSite Member

ive been following this thread and you do great work. i have tried your double cut technique and im very happy with the results. but what do you when the leaves start falling during the mowing season? do you mulch them up or are you doing mini cleanups every time before mow?

6. THEGOLDPRO

Thanks man i appreciate it.

Depends on how many leaves have fallen, this yard had a small amount of leaves in it from the trees and i just mulched it up. Some yards i have to do a mini cleanup. Its no big deal since i have been taking one of the hurricanes with us every day.

7. THEGOLDPRO

Another single/double cut picture.

Single cut on left double cut on right.
    [​IMG]
    And one quick pic of one of the hurricanes blowing some leaves.
    [​IMG]

8. ArenaLandscaping

ArenaLandscaping LawnSite Member

Nice Bullets!!!

Instead of darkening the same lines with the second cut. You should have went in another direction. That field would look nice with diamonds or a checker board pattern.

9. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

That's a big place you mow there.

10. THEGOLDPRO

Doesn't usually work for us, we usually have 2 z-mowers in the field mowing, by the time i get around to double cutting my side of the field or vise versa the other mower is still cutting his first set of lines in, so we would be criss crossing each other during a multi pattern double cut. So its easier to just run the same lines we just cut.