Lawn Care Forum banner

THEGOLDPRO'S 2011 Stripe/Equipment thread.

95K views 390 replies 87 participants last post by  THEGOLDPRO 
#1 ·
Picked up the new Lazer this morning, seems pretty good im sure im going to like it. put her right to work mowing a few wet yards,was pretty overcast today so didnt get any really good pics.

old lazer,Turf tracer,New lazer. All 60 inch mowers.

This was mowed with the walkbehind with the pro-slide

New lazer stripes on a crappy yard.

See less See more
#77 ·
This may be a stupid question but on my old z the lesco the front castor wheels are on like a pivoting axle i guess you could call it. The new lazer castor wheels are in a fixed position and I find either the left or right castor wheel coming off the ground allot on the least bit of uneven terrain. Is this normal? thanks

#78 ·
This may be a stupid question but on my old z the lesco the front castor wheels are on like a pivoting axle i guess you could call it. The new lazer castor wheels are in a fixed position and I find either the left or right castor wheel coming off the ground allot on the least bit of uneven terrain. Is this normal? thanks
Yea its normal.

#80 ·
you think that those exmarks make all the stripes, but this is the goldpros REAL striping machine
lol, what did that mass airflow come off of an mx-6?

#82 ·
Also i dont run no mazdaspeed push mower i run a Honda baby. :)
How did the stripe kit work lowered did it get hung on stuff. I put 2.7 hours on my blazer today and burned a little over 3.5 gallons that's not too bad that's like 1.3 gph I swear the other day it was like 2.5 gph but I was cutting big fields and today just smaller yards. Maybe it was not working as hard.
Posted via Mobile Device

#83 ·
How did the stripe kit work lowered did it get hung on stuff. I put 2.7 hours on my blazer today and burned a little over 3.5 gallons that's not too bad that's like 1.3 gph I swear the other day it was like 2.5 gph but I was cutting big fields and today just smaller yards. Maybe it was not working as hard.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's lazer not blazer auto correct sucks on my phone
Posted via Mobile Device

#84 ·
That's lazer not blazer auto correct sucks on my phone
Posted via Mobile Device
I didn't get to mow today i did a few more spring cleanups.

#88 ·
Looks good what height were you mowing at. you have the roller as far down as you can get it now correct.
Yea the roller is down all the way. they were all 3.5 inches.

#91 ·
Good deal I think I am gonna lower mine and see how it does. Thanks for letting me know.
I can tell you it made a big difference in how dark the stripe is, Id venture to guess at least twice as dark.

#93 ·
I guess you just have to be a little more careful about getting hung on roots and stuff. The pics look great
Yea but im used to having a striping kit on my mowers, Anytime i see rocks or roots i keep my foot on the pedal to raise the deck.

#99 ·
Double cutting.
I had to start double cutting last week to. Almost makes me wanna bump up the price for the extra gas you waste. PLus time wasted. I guess quality goes before speedyness

Stipes look beautiful btw

#100 ·
I had to start double cutting last week to. Almost makes me wanna bump up the price for the extra gas you waste. PLus time wasted. I guess quality goes before speedyness

Stipes look beautiful btw
I double cut everything every time no matter what, I would rather take the few extra minutes to make it look nice then leave it looking like crap.

#101 · (Edited)
I double cut everything every time no matter what, I would rather take the few extra minutes to make it look nice then leave it looking like crap.
That's what I started to realize. It just looks so much nicer after the second time you go over it. Plus the checker board patterns look awesome(IMO)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.