THEGOLDPRO'S 2012 Stripe/Equipment thread.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THEGOLDPRO, Mar 6, 2012.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

No the underside looks fine, The trailer isn't that old so it wasn't all rusty, I just like to paint it every 2 years to freshen it up and get rid of all the chips, and spots where the paint rubbed off from stuff resting against it.

Coulden't stand the crappy looking white rims any more so i pulled the rims off today and painted them silver.

And this is the 2 pound steak i ate for dinner lol
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  3. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

Haha thanks for sharing that looks like a hearty meal. We have the silver rims on our dump and I'm not sure what I like more, its a different look though. I'm looking into getting a trailer similar to yours, having the sides like that, do you ever carry mulch or brush?
  4. KPZ Enterprises

KPZ Enterprises LawnSite Senior Member

hey a mans gota eat, right!! haha

Yea i haul some mulch on it occasionally, What i did was i cut a few pieces of ply wood in half and making them 2x8's,Then when i haul mulch i just put the boards against the rails and nothing spills out the sides. The must i ever put on it was like 6-7 yards.
  6. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I am in the same boat, I also am starting a second crew. This last weekend picked up a new Honda and a used John Deere x485. The only thing I am lacking at this point is a another truck, I am looking for a chevy s10.
  7. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Rims look real good and so does the stake.:D
  8. jplawnmaint

jplawnmaint LawnSite Member

We used magic salt alot this year and it was awesome. it works awesome for pretreating. It's only $20 more per yard in our area. You will use alot less magic salt compared straight salt. So the extra $20 really isn't much when you can treat more per yd. I did notice a huge difference between the melting temps of salt and magic salt. Magic is Worth the extra money.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Here is the second trailer that the second crew will be running around with this year. Its been sitting in my backyard backed into the woods for 3 years now. Its a cute little single axle 14 footer, I will be repainting this trailer as well this weekend to get it ready for spring.
  10. CHRIS92789

CHRIS92789 LawnSite Senior Member

Man i like the dodges!