1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

THEGOLDPRO'S 2012 Stripe/Equipment thread.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THEGOLDPRO, Mar 6, 2012.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Made a trailer gate assist today from a few parts from the hardware store, it helps alot on my big heavy trailer gate.

Now im working on fabbing a blade blocker for the walkbehind, ill see how it comes out considering i only have 10 bucks worth of steel into it.
  2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Would of been cheaper if you just have that illegal that lives under your porch lift it up and down.
  3. Durabird02

Durabird02 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Nice display box, also having the wood lid on it should keep the mulch from fading if you do end up putting it in the bed.
  4. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Looks good! Good way to save your back haha!

Didn't like the idea of just putting one spring on the gate so i went back to the hardware store and bought a second spring and added one to the other side as well.
    Then i borrowed my buddies little chipper and did a quick little chipping job.
  6. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

I'm surprised you don't have a dump truck or at least a dump trailer. Do you not do much landscaping?

I stay busy with mowing throughout the year, Dont really have time for much else right now. Back in the day we used to do more landscaping but when money got tight for people they cut back and we geared more twords mowing. We basically do about 300 yards of mulch a season, Then spring clean-ups,Then mow the entire summer, Then do the fall clean-ups, Then plow snow in the winter, Wash rinse repeat.
  8. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

How many mowing accounts? what's your average cut...$70?
    Posted via Mobile Device

We have like 75 residentials and a few larger commercial places that take us 2 full days to finish. so we mow the commercials mon and tuesday, then we mow the resis on wed-thu-fri. Our average cut is like 55-60 bucks.
  10. KPZ Enterprises

KPZ Enterprises LawnSite Senior Member

nice, are you at a limit yet for lawn size? i know i dont take anything less than a 50 lawn now, if its less its just not worth my time, and usually the lower lawns r to small for my equipment anyway.