1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

THEGOLDPRO'S 2012 Stripe/Equipment thread.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THEGOLDPRO, Mar 6, 2012.

1. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

are both your crews full time or is one 5days and the other say 3days cutting?

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Full time, if they are not mowing they will be doing other odds and ends to keep busy.

So today we cut out the center support on the trailer gate for the small trailer because it was bent, re welded in a new one as well as a new sheet of expanded metal.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. THEGOLDPRO

All put back together and painted.
    [​IMG]

4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

You guys cutting yet? We're about 3 weeks early down here...grass is growing pretty good.

5. THEGOLDPRO

Mowing some of the commercials, not the resis yet.

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Do you like the commercials better, or the resis? I hated doing resis, but now I don't have to worry about that anymore. I average 1-2 properties a day...so much easier with loading/unloading and job tracking and whatnot.

7. THEGOLDPRO

Uhhhh, i like mowing the commercials more because i hate having to load up every 20 minuts while doing resi, But i hate how competitive commercials are, And how much it sucks to lose a nice big commercial place. So its a toss up i suppose.

8. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Trailer gate looks real good man.

9. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

Ben,
    the spring assists on your gate. How did you put those one? Just a spring and some hardware?

10. eatonpcat

eatonpcat LawnSite Bronze Member

Nothing like a little gate repair and a few Tacos!! Looks good, wish I could weld!!