1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

THEGOLDPRO'S 2012 Stripe/Equipment thread.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THEGOLDPRO, Mar 6, 2012.

1. martinlawn29

martinlawn29 LawnSite Member

Was not a bash just asking ...it is outside and held in place with an eyebolt just wondering how she will hold up. Good work

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Why would a large eye bolt hold it any different from say a large bolt, or a clip??? please explain why you dont think an eye bolt would work in this situation.

3. THEGOLDPRO

lol yea my garage door is like a 500 pound wooden one and the springs hold up just fine.

4. Earth&Turf RI

Earth&Turf RI LawnSite Member

I have seen a garage door spring let go, and it isn't pretty.

5. DFLS

DFLS LawnSite Senior Member

What size mig welder do you have ?

6. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Ha my garage door spring just popped off the i bolt some how today. Strange happenings. Made a loud wack for sure!

7. THEGOLDPRO

uhhhh i have no idea honestly, when i go out to the shop ill take a look.

8. OLC

OLC LawnSite Member

I think the spring assist looks sweet.The only thing I would add is a large washer on the I-bolt, just in case the spring gets lazy and tries to slip over round part of the I-bolt. As far as adding the cable, I wouldn't. You are stretching the spring probably less that a third of it's limit, I bet it'll last longer than the rest of the trailer.

9. dieseltech

dieseltech LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with the large washer. Good idea as an added precaution just in case
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. THEGOLDPRO

Thats not a bad idea, ill grab a few large washers when i hit the hardware store next time.