THEGOLDPRO'S 2012 Stripe/Equipment thread.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THEGOLDPRO, Mar 6, 2012.

1. KPZ Enterprises

KPZ Enterprises LawnSite Senior Member

nice, iv done the same thing on countless occasions. lol

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

GP needs to get off his wallet and buy a dump truck.

3. KPZ Enterprises

i agree, or at least a dump trailer...its so much easier to do mulch with.

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Meh, I dont mind using the trailer on smaller jobs like this one. I can fit 7 yards of mulch on the trailer how much can a dump truck hold?

Also i don't see how a dump trailer would make mulching any easier then it allready is.......I just load it right on the trailer and off we go.Then if we have any left over mulch we leave it on the trailer as opposed to having to shovel it back into a dump trailer.

5. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Who said anything about dumping it? Shovel it right out the trailer.

6. THEGOLDPRO

How is that any different from what im doing right now???

7. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

I went through this on friday, I'd been doing it out of my maintenance trailer, and then I did it out of the dump.

My dump is level with the height of my wheel barrow, so instead of getting a shovel full and lifting it in, you grab a big shovel full or just scoop and slide it across the floor of the dump trailer and into the wheelbarrow. There isn't any lifting.

I figured that I could load a wheelbarrow twice as fast as I could when I lifted it, and when it runs out near the gates of the dump, you lift it and slide all the mulch to the back.

With that said, I had to do it at a large resi and it kinda sucked bringing the heavy dump into the field and out back.

It all sounds dumb, but I was surprised how much difference it made.

8. THEGOLDPRO

I have 2 guys who work for me and they do all the shoveling so i really don't care if its harder to lift the shovel lol

9. Tizzy

Tizzy LawnSite Senior Member

well played sir, well played

10. KPZ Enterprises

hahahah....thats y u r the boss!, but load capacity would depend on the dump body of the truck....in our 82in X 12Ft dump trailer we can fit 13 yds of dyed mulch and about 15 yds of playground mulch...... a little off topic now but have u ever seen how Brickmen does mulch? they use little rubbermaid brute trash cans, i thought they were crazy but we used them the other day, its is suprisingly efficient, we used less yds than we usually do and did the job much faster which put more money in my pocket! thought id share that with u all...