THEGOLDPRO'S 2012 Stripe/Equipment thread.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THEGOLDPRO, Mar 6, 2012.

1. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

LOL i actually saw them the other day running a train of mexican's with trash cans over their shoulders, I thought it was a great idea and almost bought a few trash cans the other day to try it out.

2. KPZ Enterprises

KPZ Enterprises LawnSite Senior Member

yep that would be it! hahah when we saw them they were doing a huge office building and had about 50 mexicans like a "train" back to the trucks.lol....my guys laughed and thought it was funny until they showed up the nxt day n i had bought 4 trash cans. lol....like i said before they r very efficient, u only have to shovel the mulch in n u can spread it right from the can, imagine that, the biggest landscape company knows a thing or two about being efficent. :laugh::laugh:

3. THEGOLDPRO

Its not even about being efficient, I think its about saving room by not having to bring 30-40 wheel barrows. you save a ton of room stacking trash cans in the trailer vs's 30-40 wheel barrows.

4. KPZ Enterprises

ya tru that. lol....u cant get wheel barroows in a lot of spaces also.

5. jplawnmaint

jplawnmaint LawnSite Member

Having 40-50 Mexicans with trash barrels is still cheaper than a mulch blower with 2 guys runing it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. KPZ Enterprises

i guess.... i cant say iv ever seen brickmen using a blower around me, i know shearon and a few other big companys use them...the accounts they have around me r heavly landscaped and i think a mulch blower would be tedious with the hose going around all the shrubs n flowers etc....

7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe, but I'd rather run a mulch blower all day than truck effing trash buskets.

8. KPZ Enterprises

couldnt agree with u more on that one. but i guess running buckets all day is better than not having a job at all.

9. M RASCOE&SONS

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

i wish you guys talked about this subject 4wks ago ,i probably would have saved a crap ton of time lol.as far as bark blower goes you better be putting down 3 or 4 thousand yards because its too short of a season to lay the kind of cash down to buy something that sits 10 months a yr.and then if you dont buy one big enough you than have to bring skid steers etc to load it fast enough.2 months out of the yr i will keep it the way it is.gold pro im going to try that trash can way.

10. THEGOLDPRO

[​IMG]