THEGOLDPRO'S 2012 Stripe/Equipment thread.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THEGOLDPRO, Mar 6, 2012.

1. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Do you know any good diesel shops in CT?? i wanna have it looked at but i dont wanna take it to the dealer monkeys who only know how to scan for codes i want someone who knows what they are doing.

2. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

You need to find a mechanic that can turn the computer off and figure out what's up. I have a good diesel mechanic I found by mistake. He told me an injector is getting weak when he turned mine off on my 6.0 pile. Sure enough one is starting to go. It could bad pump, computer problems or injector.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. dieseltech

dieseltech LawnSite Senior Member

I believe the p1689 is something like no communication between the ecm and injection pump. If it has no driveability issues you should be fine. The most common problem in the vp trucks is dead pedal and that is usually a sign of either a failing lift pump and or injection pump, and throttle pedal position sensor.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2n...8-p1689-no-communication-between-ecm-and-vp44

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  5. TJ Property

TJ Property LawnSite Member
    from CT

Hey ben there are a couple but they charge alot of coin to do simple stuff. These years dodges are known for having ground issues i would suggest cleaning every ground you can see. Also did you notice the tack or anything acting funny when this happens? I own 2 of these pigs so iv been through hell and back with them lol.

6. TJ Property

TJ Property LawnSite Member
    from CT

also how are you pulling the codes? IF you turn the key 3 times it will flash any codes by the odometer. Make sure you let lights, light up on the dash then it will flash the codes after the 3rd time

7. Tizzy

Tizzy LawnSite Senior Member

morin diesel in portland. its kinda a haul for you. but they are the best diesel mechanics in central CT. they can fix anything.

8. THEGOLDPRO

I pulled the codes with a code reader, once i cleared the codes, it ran fine for a day all the way upto full throttle and ran as it should. then again yesterday i jumped on it at WOT and it pulled the code again, its weird because it will run fine all the way upto like 80-85% throttle. i can drive it around no problem, it not until i really start to beat on it will it throw a cel.

9. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't effeing beat on it then :rolleyes: :laugh:

10. THEGOLDPRO

lol those words are not in my vocabulary.