Lawn Care Forum banner

THEGOLDPRO'S 2012 Stripe/Equipment thread.

274K views 903 replies 116 participants last post by  kawasaki guy 
#1 ·
Ahhhhhhhhh spring is almost here..... So i might as well start my 2012 thread for new equipment/stripes. Anyways i picked this used 60 inch walkbehind up today to add to the fleet, Were going to branch into 2 crews this year so i needed another walkbehind for the new guy so he doesn't destroy my newer one.

Tomorrow we are taking everything out of storage and starting the spring maintenance on it. Im hoping to actually take a pic with all the equipment lined up but we will see.

See less See more
#152 ·
are both your crews full time or is one 5days and the other say 3days cutting?
Full time, if they are not mowing they will be doing other odds and ends to keep busy.

So today we cut out the center support on the trailer gate for the small trailer because it was bent, re welded in a new one as well as a new sheet of expanded metal.

#157 ·
Uhhhh, i like mowing the commercials more because i hate having to load up every 20 minuts while doing resi, But i hate how competitive commercials are, And how much it sucks to lose a nice big commercial place. So its a toss up i suppose.

#161 ·
Ben,
the spring assists on your gate. How did you put those one? Just a spring and some hardware?
Ill take a few pics if you want. it was real simple to do.

Nothing like a little gate repair and a few Tacos!! Looks good, wish I could weld!!
lol we did have tacos for lunch, Welding isn't real hard once you get used to it man honestly this was only like my 3rd time welding anything worth welding lol

#169 ·
how do you remove the old mulch with no dump?
Posted via Mobile Device
We don't remove the old mulch, We just rake it out and smooth it out before putting new mulch down.

#170 ·
#172 ·
I'd love some pics of the spring assists
Here ya go man, I bought these parts thinking i was going to hook it up a different way but decided to do it like this once i got going. All in all i bought 2 little clips,2 eye bolts, and 2 160 pound garage door springs.

I used a big eye bolt to secure the spring to the gate

And used one of these clips things to secure it to the trailer side, i just drilled a hole in the plate and ran the clip through it.

#173 ·
Lookin good!

#176 ·
Why woulden't it last? And i could care less about the wire running through them, i put the cable through it and it looked dumb and had extra cable hanging all around, so i decided to not use it. I have to assume since my garage doors have the same springs and i have never once in 15 years replaced a spring on the garage that this little set-up will be just fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.