1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

THEGOLDPRO'S 2012 Stripe/Equipment thread.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THEGOLDPRO, Mar 6, 2012.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

lol no thats just my internet name.
  2. KPZ Enterprises

KPZ Enterprises LawnSite Senior Member

im sure someone has asked u this already thegoldpro but how do u like that hurricane blower? y did u choose that route rather than say a grasshopper mower n the blower attachment? i really dont want to add more walk behind blowers since i think the hurricane blower or the grasshopper w/blower will be more productive.

I love the hurricane blowers, The thing i love most about them is they are small and compact and i can easily fit 2 of them on my trailer as well as 2 60 inch mowers for fall time.

I used to have a Toro grounds master with the blower on it and it was huge to say the least. When we would use the Toro we had to bring 2 trucks and trailers to each house to get everything we needed for the clean-ups. We can now fit 2 60 inch z-mowers as well as Both our hurricanes on one trailer.

Here is a pic to show you how much smaller the Hurricane is then the toro blower. Also the hurricane althoe small is twice as strong as the Diesel toro when blowing leaves.
  4. sweetland

sweetland LawnSite Bronze Member

Are both of your Hurricanes just blowers or do you have one of the vac ones too?
  5. masonenterprises

masonenterprises LawnSite Member

What happens if you have to salt/sand again this season? Do you charge for two sand cleanups??
  6. KPZ Enterprises

KPZ Enterprises LawnSite Senior Member

aww, okay i see the size difference n i like the idea of them beging compact yet still strong....i know im tired of lugging those big ass wheeled blowers around and so r my other guys. lol..thx for ur intput.
  7. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

I second the hurricane blower. We bought one last summer. Goldpro was our salesman...lol. The thing is awesome, one of the best things I ever bought for my business.

Ill just put down straight salt. I have decided next season to just run straight salt at my commercials so i don't have to do the sand clean-up in the spring.

They are both just the blower ones.
  10. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Goldpro,

Awesome to follow your thread and work as always. I learn a great deal from your pictures and thread. I do have a question: Are you and your brother in business together? For some reason I thought I remembered reading on an old thread that maybe you were but I don't remember exactly.