Lawn Care Forum banner

THEGOLDPRO'S 2012 Stripe/Equipment thread.

274K views 903 replies 116 participants last post by  kawasaki guy 
#1 ·
Ahhhhhhhhh spring is almost here..... So i might as well start my 2012 thread for new equipment/stripes. Anyways i picked this used 60 inch walkbehind up today to add to the fleet, Were going to branch into 2 crews this year so i needed another walkbehind for the new guy so he doesn't destroy my newer one.

Tomorrow we are taking everything out of storage and starting the spring maintenance on it. Im hoping to actually take a pic with all the equipment lined up but we will see.

See less See more
#178 ·
Yea itll be fine
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh i know it will lol, Some people are nerds when it comes to safety. I have never in my entire life seen a garage door spring explode during normal use, Also my garage door springs stretch 3 times as far as the one on my gate does.

#179 ·
I imagine your garage door is also heavier than your gate as well. Mine is wood and is a frickin beast of a door. Sucks when the power is out!

Youll spring your eye out, youll spring your eye out, youll spring your eye out!! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

#182 ·
Was not a bash just asking ...it is outside and held in place with an eyebolt just wondering how she will hold up. Good work
Why would a large eye bolt hold it any different from say a large bolt, or a clip??? please explain why you dont think an eye bolt would work in this situation.

#183 ·
I imagine your garage door is also heavier than your gate as well. Mine is wood and is a frickin beast of a door. Sucks when the power is out!

Youll spring your eye out, youll spring your eye out, youll spring your eye out!! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
lol yea my garage door is like a 500 pound wooden one and the springs hold up just fine.

#185 ·
Ill take a few pics if you want. it was real simple to do.

lol we did have tacos for lunch, Welding isn't real hard once you get used to it man honestly this was only like my 3rd time welding anything worth welding lol
What size mig welder do you have ?

#188 ·
Why would a large eye bolt hold it any different from say a large bolt, or a clip??? please explain why you don't think an eye bolt would work in this situation.
I think the spring assist looks sweet.The only thing I would add is a large washer on the I-bolt, just in case the spring gets lazy and tries to slip over round part of the I-bolt. As far as adding the cable, I wouldn't. You are stretching the spring probably less that a third of it's limit, I bet it'll last longer than the rest of the trailer.

#189 ·
I think the spring assist looks sweet.The only thing I would add is a large washer on the I-bolt, just in case the spring gets lazy and tries to slip over round part of the I-bolt. As far as adding the cable, I wouldn't. You are stretching the spring probably less that a third of it's limit, I bet it'll last longer than the rest of the trailer.
I agree with the large washer. Good idea as an added precaution just in case
Posted via Mobile Device

#194 ·
Damn thats prettt soild i bet if i take the baggers off i can fit more on my trailer its only a 16ft
This is alittle better pic of how tight they fit.

I dunno how big your mowers are but i would imagine if i you had a smaller walkbehind you might be able to squeeze them onto a 16 foot trailer.

#197 ·
#198 ·
#201 ·
Did alittle mulch at one of the commercials yesterday.

The building is so long i stood in the middle and took a pic of both the left and right side.
This is the back of the building there is a front side that looks identical that we mulched as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.