THEGOLDPRO'S 2012 Stripe/Equipment thread.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THEGOLDPRO, Mar 6, 2012.

1. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Yea we both own the company.

2. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well you both seem to run a great company. The work you do is certainly top notch. Some of the best I've seen on this site. Goodluck this season!

3. THEGOLDPRO

Thanks buddy.

4. KPZ Enterprises

KPZ Enterprises LawnSite Senior Member

how long have u guys been in business? like scag413 said ur stuff is top notch n that usually comes with experience.

5. jplawnmaint

jplawnmaint LawnSite Member

We switched to straight salt this year and it has made a huge difference. I like driving through all the properties and not seeing sand anywhere. Not having to cleanup sand will put us 2 weeks ahead of schedule. I also tried out the hurricane blower for a weekend this past fall and i was impressed by it. Nice and compact and powerfull as hell.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

Straight salt is the way to go. You can sell clients on a higher price because of straight salt by explaining that they will lose the cleanup and it will work better, quicker. You use a lot less straight salt so I think it ends up being a wash as far as material costs go. One thing about salt though is that it doesn't work below @18 degrees. In those cases you don't have the benefit of sand for traction until it warms up or the sun hits it. For this reason we are looking into magic salt for next season....it is considerably more effective than salt and you use even less material to do the same job. Not sure if we are going with it yet, it is really expensive.

7. THEGOLDPRO

Went alittle nuts today, Painted the entire trailer,Pressure washed the deck,put new LED lights on it, and added some safety reflective tape. Tomorrow im gonna pull the rims off and repaint them white so it looks brand new.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. THEGOLDPRO

We have been on our own for 4 years now, Both of us worked for local companys for a few years before we decided to do our own thing.

9. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

wow your trailer is a lot nicer now. looks great! those ramps on the back are sure heavy duty

10. THEGOLDPRO

thanks man, It weighs like 400 pounds too lol