1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

THEGOLDPRO'S Stripe/Equipment thread.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THEGOLDPRO, Mar 28, 2013.

1. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Going good man, Been busy as usual. Got the little 48 all dialed in, She cuts nice.

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

How many times a week the cops pull you over for driving that Dodge?

3. THEGOLDPRO

Couple times a week, its pretty loud.

4. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Loud pipes save lives
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

You are joking right ? :dizzy:

I never get stopped for noise in the 24V not even when I was driving around with an open down pipe for close to a year !

Running a 5 inch turbo back now, still get the disgusted look from people at traffic lights then they close the windows real quick :laugh:

6. THEGOLDPRO

lol Im kidding i know pretty much all the cops in my town.

7. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

classic!!! i understand you have the 60 turf tracer, which is a walkbehind, but whats the purpose of walkbehind that big, just to save weight, for areas that might not drain as well? i can't imagine a 60" wb fitting many more places then a 60" ztr. i would think it would be close on the hills. i always thought walk behinds were for extreme hills and to get though smaller gates, so that's why a lot of guys buy 52", 48" and 36" walkbehinds. but the 60 doesn't seem like it would be much better for anything other then areas that don't drain well, i do suppose it would be a little safer on hills.

8. THEGOLDPRO

The walkbehinds are good for alot of things. They are night and day better on hills, you can mow under trees/bushes much better then a z-mower can, they are great for tight spots, They do much better on wet lawns and wont rut the grass like the z-mowers do. they do alot better on fuel, etc etc

Every good lawn rig should have Atleast 1 walkbehind and 1 z-mower.

9. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

i understand, i just didn't think a 60" walk behind would that great on a hill that's all, i do have some accounts that are a little sketchy running a 60" ztr on some of the hills. and a few where 52 or 48" would fit better.

10. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Pro, throw some angles on those fairways! LOL I went back to all walkbehinds and if you saw my properties, you would understand. They do indeed have a niche. Funny about the cops, I set off an alarm friday when my new guy got a little too close to an AC unit. (Client still in The winter digs in Fla.) Cop pulls up and sees me, just waves and splits.