1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

THEGOLDPRO'S Stripe/Equipment thread.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THEGOLDPRO, Mar 28, 2013.

1. sweetland

sweetland LawnSite Bronze Member

Had something like that happen to us, we were mowing three houses in a row in a neighborhood and it was when RI had our little earth quake last summer. All three houses the silent alarms went off and the cops came, saw my guys at all three houses and then it was time for some explaining. Luckily a bunch of other ones were going off too so they figured they had nothing to do with it.

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Additionally, a 60" WB will blow a Z away on areas with a lot of obstacles or curves in beds, etc.

I agree Ben, we run a WB and a Z on all our crews.

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

[​IMG]
    Some mulch
    [​IMG]
    Mulch on trailer.
    [​IMG]

4. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

You need a dump truck Ben, break the bank already and buy a dump

oh make sure its a cummins ;)

5. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Hey Ben have you tried any other moners besides exmark?

6. THEGOLDPRO

lol, i would still use my trailer for mulch even if i had a dump truck, I can fit 8 yards on my trailer, where as a small mason dump can hold maybe 4-5.

I literally only use the trailer for a few places that the mulch is spread out over a large area. For everything else i just have the mulch yard deliver it to the sites.

7. THEGOLDPRO

Yea i have had owned Scags in the past, I started out with a Bobcat, I have demoed Hustler/Scag/Exmarks/and Toro, I always end up picking Exmarks in the end.

8. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

fixed it for you! they hold more weight, can do 10 yards of mulch all day long, less maintenance, no insurance, cheaper registration. better longevity, cheaper to own, better resale. the list goes. but if he gets most of mulch delivered then it wouldn't be a great idea to buy a trailer that dumps, and if doesn't haul any leaves away might not be too useful, could be good for land clearing maybe, or chipping into not sure how much of that goldpro does though.

9. THEGOLDPRO

More stripes
    [​IMG]
    This lawn is dry and bare but still stripes good lol
    [​IMG]
    Little back lawn
    [​IMG]

10. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

You don't spray your lawns do you? If not do you sub that out to another company or what. I ask because all your lawns, from what I see, don't have any weeds.Sorry if its been asked, stuff looks good as always!