Lawn Care Forum banner

THEGOLDPRO'S Stripe/Equipment thread.

158K views 635 replies 95 participants last post by  blk90s13 
#1 ·
Well the time has come once again to make my yearly equipment/stripe thread, I will be adding new pics as i take them throughout the season. as well as pics of any new equipment i buy.

I will start off with my Cummins, which i did the bottom side of the truck with Herculiner, and tinted the windows. I will also we adding some new beefy tires as well as doing the bed rails with herculiner.

See less See more
#435 ·
If you didn't show the hurricanes in the beginning I would have thought that the backpack just had I crazy power. Haha. I wish I had enough clean ups to have a hurricane. Nice work.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm with him, wish I had clean ups like that

#438 ·
You don't relize how much time and money you are wasting on cleanups till you own a hurricane. Once you get one you will ask your self why you didn't get one sooner. The time saved on jobs and cutting down on labor is Hugh. It's well worth the money.
Posted via Mobile Device
pretty much, I know I didn't get one sooner because I could afford one until this year, because in my previous years I was terrible I mean terrible at saving any kind of money, so I didn't have any extra money ever, and I made significantly less money in previous years. I was like a kid in a candy everywhere I went, I saw, I wanted, I bought end of story. now I have more self control and a lot more money and that's why I finally picked one up a few months back.

#439 ·
Lol, I knew it was going to save me time and money the second I saw one, I bought one the first day it showed up to my dealer. In fact i bought one before they landed in show rooms, my dealer called me when the hurricane rep stopped by to show it to em.
Posted via Mobile Device

#440 ·
it is certainly one of the best investments for cleanups. I thought we were efficient before the hurricane, but that thing proved me wrong. first day we had it on the ground it was for 4 accounts only a few houses apart. normally it would take us 7 hours to do it with 3 guys. with the hurricane it only took 3 of us a hair over 3 hours start to finish.

#444 ·
Once you started tearing into it did that lead to a bunch of other repairs you discovered needed fixing that you were not planning on? I've always been on the fence about a major overhaul on trucks with similar age, with my luck I would do all that work only to have the transmission blow a week later. Doing it in house obviously saves a ton and tax and registration fees on a new or near new replacement are not cheap either. At what point will you decide to finally get rid of a truck and replace it?? Can't wait to see the end product w/ the new bed.

#445 ·
Once you started tearing into it did that lead to a bunch of other repairs you discovered needed fixing that you were not planning on? I've always been on the fence about a major overhaul on trucks with similar age, with my luck I would do all that work only to have the transmission blow a week later. Doing it in house obviously saves a ton and tax and registration fees on a new or near new replacement are not cheap either. At what point will you decide to finally get rid of a truck and replace it?? Can't wait to see the end product w/ the new bed.
when a truck is unreliable and always broken down and costing a lot of money is when you get rid of it and sell it....my ford is at 290,000 and its been extremely reliable, so I see no issues keeping it in service and as my main plow truck until 500,000 miles on the original engine. Old goldpro here is only at 100,000 or just over and he already is redoing the body.

#446 ·
Yea this truck just turned 100k and runs mint, so I'm not worried about throwing a few grand at it to make it pretty again, we do all of our own repairs so we save a ton of money on labor costs.
Posted via Mobile Device

#447 ·
I like your trucks a lot. I've been looking at a lot of 24 valve cummins. Its hard to find a nice 2nd gen dodge. Do you run your trucks stock or do you have some mods to them? any advice when checking out these trucks? This won't be my first Dodge truck, just my first Cummins

#448 ·
I like your trucks a lot. I've been looking at a lot of 24 valve cummins. Its hard to find a nice 2nd gen dodge. Do you run your trucks stock or do you have some mods to them? any advice when checking out these trucks? This won't be my first Dodge truck, just my first Cummins
Thanks man, the red one we are rebuilding is actually an 8.0 liter v10, the white one is a cummins, it's got some small power adders, it has a fuel system, small programmer, 4 inch straight exhaust, intake,rv275 injectors, and trans work.

I would first check to see if the injection pump has been replaced, they go quite often if fuel pressure is low, and it's jot cheap to replace.
Posted via Mobile Device

#449 ·
Thanks man, the red one we are rebuilding is actually an 8.0 liter v10, the white one is a cummins, it's got some small power adders, it has a fuel system, small programmer, 4 inch straight exhaust, intake,rv275 injectors, and trans work.

I would first check to see if the injection pump has been replaced, they go quite often if fuel pressure is low, and it's jot cheap to replace.
Posted via Mobile Device
among other things...hopefully you did the kdp on your truck, dodges have there fair share of issues i'm shocked your fronts have held as well as they have. usually they need ball joints every 2 years. at least my dads 2wd cummins does. then sloppy steering. then not having good heat. you seem to be doing well with your dodges but my cummins didn't fair so well and I had 3 of them in 4 years, the 2wd ones i bought were the best. my brother had 2 cummins both had little rust on the body but so many other issues.

#450 ·
Thanks for the advice. The last one I looked at the owner said he had the VP44 replaced and an Air Dog fuel system and stage 5 ATS trans. Got there and there was no receipts on anything and the fuel system was not an air dog. It was a carter lift pump- not anywhere close to an air dog. Among other things I found wrong with it I was dissapointed.

And RSK I believe the 24 valve cummins does have the KPD but didn't have the problem like the 12 valve did with them. If/When I have a 24 valve I would replace it only if I was in the motor already. I wouldn't loose sleep over it. Also I have a 1500 4X4 Ram and totally agree that the stock steering linkage is junk. I will definitely upgrade the linkage with the Chrysler fix or thurens fix and do a steering brace. And i've been there done that with the heater core... not fun lol

#451 ·
Got the new fender on, Door's put back on, and the new cab corner all welded in. Just alittle more body work on the passenger side of the truck and she will be ready for paint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.