1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

THEGOLDPRO'S Stripe/Equipment thread.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THEGOLDPRO, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Scagman 48

Scagman 48 LawnSite Senior Member

i almost freaked out like a little girl does when she shes justin beaver when i saw this thread......
  2. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

if your mirrors fold out...you automatically a pro...
  3. sweetland

sweetland LawnSite Bronze Member

didnt you buy a chevy last season?
  4. nnusskern

nnusskern LawnSite Member

Atleast we are professionals
    Posted via Mobile Device

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

lol yea it was a lapse in judgement.
  6. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

the only light to see with dodge, is the cummins diesel getting better fuel economy because they make peak torque very low in the rpm range like 1600rpm. other then that, they are sharp looking trucks and the sound of cummins that has 4" exhaust straight piped is nice, but the front ends suck bad....the transmissions suck....but for the low price of 5000 dollars you can have a billet triple disk converter from suncoast and billet transmission that should hold up to 1000rwhp and close to 2000ft lbs. and for many many many years too, no matter how hard you tow or plow with it. I would know I owned 1 4x4 and two 2 wheel drive trucks. front end had to be re done on the 4x4 every 2 years and that was without plowing.

I dunno man, my red ram has 115k on the stock trans, with heavy commercial plowing every year since we got it. And the front end is still tight, haven't done any front end work in 5-6 years.

If you don't beat the piss out of them it will last just as long as any other truck. If you are beating the piss out of a truck you will blow the trans no matter if its a ford chevy or dodge, it doesn't matter.
  8. Eric's Lawnservice

Eric's Lawnservice LawnSite Member

Good looking truck!
  9. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know either, maybe the only 4x4 cummins I had was a lemon, i bought it used with 104k on it stock tranny, with a fisher mm ez v 8'6" which was too heavy for the truck. I added about 450-500 additional rear wheel hp the truck and killed the tranny with about 120 additional rear wheel hp all dyno proven. but once i did the billet transmission, never had an issue in that department again. it was just everything else, you probably owned your red ram from a very low mileage, which helps a lot. I beat my ford pretty good and it holds up better then one would expect especially for a truck that's been a plow truck/ landscaping truck for 16 years and 276,000 miles as of today, it even had a 2 yard sander in the bed for a long time. f350/7.3 combo just doesn't wanna quit.

anyways good luck this season!

Painted the rims on my truck Black today.
    And lined up some of the equipment to take a quick pic.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013