theifthing scrubs!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i was out of town for a while (a week), got back today at 3am, and the Rusted out Scag i have was in the back yard. it has been picked clean (saw it at 9am). Pulleys, drive wheels, casters, motor, tranny, sulky. The rental property behind me gets mowed by a scrub. i think he pick the bones clean. today was his mow day and no show? i think hes gone. well if i see him he's going to get a trimmer up the rear!

2. MudFoot

MudFoot LawnSite Member

Whoa. That is a true scrub. You should have locked that stuff up!

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry about that, but I've got say that just leaving it unattended in the back yard while you were out of town for a week was kinda like putting a "For Steal" sign on it.

4. Frontier-Lawn

heres a pic. how would i have known it would have been picked? [​IMG]

and under the belt cover is four 8" round rust holes.

5. LA LAWNS

LA LAWNS LawnSite Member

that mower isnt worth a post. why worry?

6. Frontier-Lawn

7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

DANG!! After seeing that pic I'd be pizzed at them for not stealing the whole dang pile of rust......

8. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

He probably thought you left it out for garbage pick up. Offer him the rest for free.

9. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

seriously I know I cant really talk but I wouldnt even think about stealing parts off a bucket of rust like that.

10. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

When you think about it depending on how old he I have my money on it not being him that took it. Its not like he can use them and nobody woudl want them if they looked like the rest of the mower. And even today I have to put myself in his shoes I wouldnt take parts off the mower that I didnt even know what they did. I would try and take the whole thing. So IMO if he was any younger than 16 it wasnt him if hes older than 16 It might be qustionable.