1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

theives strike again!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by northwest lawn, Sep 1, 2005.

1. northwest lawn

northwest lawn LawnSite Member

while at cracker barrel this evening we had a stihl fs110 string trimmer stolen and a br420 blower close to $800 worth of equipment. go inside for a half hour and come back out and its gone but they didnt take the stihl combi trimmer...go figure. good things its all insured
  2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

How did they steal locked up equipment..or was it not locked?
  3. Sharp Services

Sharp Services LawnSite Senior Member

Man I hate that ... was the stuff lock-up. I have everything on my truck and trailer locked with pad locks and chains.

Glad to hear that you are insured. What kind of deductable do you have?
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I learned my lesson, I got chains and padlocks... It really bites somedays it is a real waste of time to go around and I wouldn't lock it ALL the time....
    But about 2 weeks ago I had a couple guys walk past my outfit as I was inside a c-store and it wasn't a big deal but they just HAD to look inside and that was enough for me, I walked back out of the store locked everything up and since then I lock up all the time.

I unfortunately don't share the positive enthusiasm of folks who think things are going to get better. As fuel prices AND shortages continue to spread at a slow but increasing pace, this kind of stuff is going to happen more and more, we're now beginning to see the signs of what it's going to be like. It may take a few more years, once the southern states recover supply lines it will help some but the latest crisis in the gulf is only accentuating the real problem and not its underlying cause... it is only a matter of time before it starts again and the next time it won't stop.
  5. northwest lawn

northwest lawn LawnSite Member

they were of course unlocked on our stupidity. not to mention this morning we blew a tire on the lazer Z HP so a new tire costed 75 bucks today just wasnt my day. at least the fuel prices arent affecting me