Theives

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greenery, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Greenery

Greenery LawnSite Senior Member

So i'm trimming around a house today and come around the side and what do I see some lowlife scumbag piece of shat digging through the cab of my truck so I yell out and start running towards him and he jumps back into his car (which ends up being stolen) and speeds by me as im in the middle of the road trying to stop him. Luckily I must have seen him soon enough that all he was able to grab was my cell phone. Its just unbelievable what some people will do.

2. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

I hate thieves too, but I prevent this by locking everything up. Some of my friends pick on me but if I'm away from my truck for more than a minute I lock it. If someone tries to get in the alarm goes off and gets some attention. I lock everything. I use hitch locks on trailers and when something has to be left outside overnight a cable goes through it. I know all of these things are fairly easily defeated but thieves are usually lazy and will go for easier prey.

3. fitzg2md

fitzg2md LawnSite Member

wow...ballsy of him. Too bad chuck norris wasnt there to put that guy in his place:laugh:

4. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a small sign on my trailer that reads: ATTENTION THEIVES, YOU STEAL, YOU DIE....ANY QUESTIONS? Since attaching that above my tool box on the trailer I've had no problems. It might make a scumbag think twice about ripping me off.

5. DOLMARatOS

DOLMARatOS LawnSite Member

I got in the habit of locking my vehicle. Having a remote keyless entry makes it very nice and handy.

Unless I can see my vehicle 100% of the time I just go ahead and lock-up because it's an easy habit to have and it might save me a few $$$$$ and some headaches.

I'd call the cell-phone and cuss the guy out, then tell him that the police have GPS locked on to the phone and SWAT is on the way. Might make him freak out or something. I had a cell phone stolen and when I called it the pawn shop guy answered (stupid of him). I went down and brought the local 5-OH with me. Got my phone back and he was closed for business for 2 days while the cops and BATFE checked every item in his place against the stolen registry.

6. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah I just got jacked for my new FS250 that cost me 500 bucks. I'm still pissed and it happened over a month and half ago.

7. stick9

stick9 LawnSite Senior Member

That really stinks, man.

Sorry to hear that. Fortunately, only the cellphone -- although, that still sucks.

Guess that guy needed it more than you.

Why does everyone yell at the people instead of sneaking up on them and clocking 'em? Just curious.

8. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

I wonder about this my self.

9. dgfitz

dgfitz LawnSite Member

Because the American Criminal League Union teaches us that way,LOL

10. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

As he came by you in his car also known has a dready weapon Shoot him.