Them Damn Low-ballers Again

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnGuy73, Apr 6, 2003.

1. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

So about a month ago we put a bid in for for around 30 buildings. The bid included mowing, and spring and fall clean ups. The properties were nice, not real nice but pretty nice. Tons of trees on all but two properties, clean ups alone would take awhile. The closest one to us was 5 miles away the farest was about 25 miles. So we bid them at $11,000/month, clean ups seprate, and I thought this was low! Then the other day I find out that some ***wipe bid them at $6300/month, clean ups included...What is wrong with people, how can they possible afford doing it for that?

I have a feeling by about mid-June they will relieze the mistake they made, and that they are losing big bucks on that deal.

2. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

here we go again.seeing that the thread i started about rookies mowing lawns every 2 weeks.can't wait to see the posts on here.

3. low baller

low baller LawnSite Member

so low balling is bad and price fixing is good. that doesn't make much sense, jones. support a free marketplace.

4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

That's when you'll come into play. I got outbid on a big sod job a couple of weeks ago for .64 a sqft. What an @ss. Just grin and bear it. At least you know your worth more than that.

5. Matt'slawncare

Matt'slawncare LawnSite Member

I got out bid on a school job by a young kid, we both go to that school. Even though im only 18 i charge a good price for a small town. But this guy bid it at 18 dollars on hour. Then he asked me if i could bag it if it gets to high. But the thing that made me the madest was i got a letter from the school that said "i presented myself the best out of all of the bids that went threw and we will give your name to everyone."

6. low baller

low baller LawnSite Member

I've only been undercut once and that was by MoonBreeze - if you've done much work around Denver, you know this guy.

[​IMG]

7. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

You sure that guy does'nt live in michigan.:)

8. Just Cut

Just Cut LawnSite Member

The neat thing with the new spring hatch is that like you said they will fad away in mid june, when these cheap skates call, I charge what they saved with the low price plus my current price

9. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

That guy needs a Spring Clean up on his wig!

10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Here's a member who questions will go unanswered by me. When you're so proud of yourself for being a low baller that you call yourself "low baller", I have no respect for ya.