Then the rains finally came

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dhicks, Aug 12, 2001.

1. dhicks

dhicks Member

After almost 5 weeks of no appreciable rain it started to rain on Saturday. Forecasters are calling for rain today and again on Monday. My properties sure do need the rain and I would like the income. Thanks to the powers that be! :angel:
  2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

With little rainfall in the last few years, we started getting pretty regular rains in June. It really has helped.

Has much of Virginia been really dry? In route to Pennsylvania last weekend, we hit some really heavy rain between Harrisonburg and Winchester.
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

we are getting rain here too. its about time. most of my accounts are irrigated, but the ones that arent are absolutely gone. i havent mowed one in 5 weeks.
  4. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Yesturday I'm watching the news and seeing rain in southern Maryland and nothing here in Carroll county. It FINALLY started coming down about 5:30 - 6:00. It was a slow steady drizzle that lasted a couple of hours... Thank God!

It just started raining again today 10 minutes ago... Looks like we're back in business!
  5. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

We have had 3 days straight with rain/showers. It has been great! Dont have to drag the sprinkler around for a while now, hehe. Grass will grow, so I better get up and work, now!
  6. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

RAIN IS GOOOOOD! Thank God for the wonderful wonderful rain. Its been raining on and off since sat!
  7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Yep, got a good rain on Friday.

Again on Saturday a nice rain, and woke up today and it was raining this morning!!

Woo hoo! Thank God for the rain :)

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

yep me too we had a slow soaker today

CLARKE LawnSite Member

Had a about 1/2 inch last friday it might help but i got 20 out of
    55 totaly the crab grass is moving in to take over where the grass was great just great.
  10. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

We have had the rain this year. 13 days in July and every day last week. Last year was drought city and this year has been so wet you can't keep up with your work load.

Keep the faith, the rain will return. It only took 3 years for it to come back to us.:angel: