There seems to be a move for some to applications only and get out of mowing lawns...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Exact Rototilling, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Explain....?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

there is a local guy that is doing that here, called me up and wanted to sub mowing to me, so bring it on!

3. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I'd like to sub out surround and drown herbicides [full blanket spray] and once that is done I can take it from there with the cooperative clients who listen [spot spray, tall grass, optimal watering and well fertilized]... but I haven't found anyone who meets my standards ....and who I feel won't nab my clients.

Some goes for irrigation. :rolleyes:

Anyhow it just seems like a rat race in mowing here. APS, some renovations and lawn training is the direction for me.

.....now the glitch is many will ask, "do you spray trees and shrubs...?...?...". ....then I say no and that is where I loose ground.....
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  4. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male

My friend does spraying etc only, doesn't do mowing anymore, he can make more money doing spraying and pest control, he does very well in that line of work, that I give him all my spraying work and he throws me some work from time to time. Sometimes it's better to specializ in 1 service if your good at it and make good money:waving:

5. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Trust me, I would only do apps and irrigation if I could because there is waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy more profit.

I even started a thread once congratulating those that can. Be careful having all your eggs in one basket though because one drought and your done [or close to it].

6. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Or almost 2 years of storm weather. Can't spray when it is flash flooding or when the rain stops it is replaced with 30 MPH winds that continue for months on end.