1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

they all come back, they certainly do

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Mar 22, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

don't ya love it when they come crawling back? so far i've had EVERY single customer who we parted on bad terms, come whining back to me, asking to be on the schedule. she was late on her bill. i called, no reply. i stopped service, and sent a letter stating so. 4 weeks later she calls wanting to know how come i havn't been there. i ask her, "did u get my phone messege? did u get my letter?" yup to both. ok, this is the way it's gonna go down: you send me the money you owe me, late fees, PLUS $30 a week for the missed cuts, and i'll be there. well, i got the money she owed, but not the $$ for the missed cuts. THEN, she calls for a leaf cleanup. i tell her, "sure...i'll be there :rolleyes: ". course i never showed. well well well, guess who called today, BEGGING to be put back on the schedule. yup, her. :nono: :nono: nope! you cannot kick it wit bobby, if u don't follow the rules. thank you for listening
  2. lpwhandyman

lpwhandyman LawnSite Member

Pats Bobby on the back.
  3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Allow me to congradulate you.
  4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Well no wonder, people always love a low low price. ;)
  5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

watch yourself tom, my prices are higher than my competition, and i don't do FREE LEAF CLEANUPS, like you and cornelius do.
  6. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Bobby just curious how many competitors do you have in the area that you service? :waving:
  7. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Bobby, why dont you come take care of this psycho renter Im trying to get evicted. Maybe you can speed up the 90 day process with the back of your shovel? :)
  8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Nope, no free cleanups here.
    Someone has to be the lowest price and someone has to be highest. you just happen to be the low guy, nothing to be ashamed of, we all have our place on the food chain. It's either the low price they love, or maybe they like the chalk billing. ;)
  9. old dog

old dog LawnSite Member

Amen ,Jodi,can you imagine paying for fuel you did not dump in the tank?
  10. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

So the moral of the story is that your the only guy in NJ that can mow a lawn and make it look good? That doesnt say alot for NJ if that is the case.