They Almost Dried Out

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by zturncutter, Sep 12, 2013.

1. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

2.25 inches in the last 2 hours and still coming down, one of the wettest summers I can remember. Thinking of mounting a winch on the front of the mowers :laugh:

2. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

The good news is that productivity has been banging this week with the temps (lower humidity at the start of the week), we were making so much progress I was so excited in how good we were doing.

Today we were tracking to be done 1.5 to 2 hours ahead of schedule...........that is when the rain came. It just drilled us for a good 45 minutes to a hour with solid rain.

We treaded lightly for the next hour , then proceeded to go full force on everything and we had just finished up when and put the equipment away when it started pouring again, for a good hour.

It had been the wettest that I remember too. It has played hell with our schedule and made OT a thing of normal operations the last few month to month in a half it seems. I am almost welcoming the the dry season at this point.

3. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Had enough of dry season here in tx...trust me...its better with rain

4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

July August and September have been very long and tiring for us, working from 7am to 6 most days 6 days a week. PGR's did very little for us and an almost losing battle keeping weeds under control. Winter will be a nice break.

5. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

We've had more rain this summer than I can ever remember. We got hammered yesterday. The news was out here this morning due to all the flooding, my dad did an interview with them that just aired. We also had a school bus that hydroplaned and went into the ditch this morning.

6. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

7. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

8. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

At least it seems as though most of the love bugs have drowned :clapping: