1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

They are calling for rain

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Potomac Lawns Inc., Jul 23, 2002.

1. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

Just wanted to let everyone know here that we are supposed to get 1/2 inch of rain tonight here in Maryland I hope everyone esle that needs it gets it also, this will be some much needed relief if we get it.

Steve :angel:
  2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Too bad a half inch isn't even going to make a dent in what we really need. Especially with temps back in the 90s next week. Now if we can get the front to stall over us for a day or two things might look better in a week or so. Either way it is going to take a lot of rain and cooler temps to make the dormant grasses come back to life.
  3. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

Thats true but right now you have to agree that some is better than none
  4. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

I feel for you 'drought' guys! I know how bad it sucks not to mow for 6 weeks or more...been there...done that. :(

We,ve been very fortunate this season...lots 'o rain!

It has brewed up a thunderstorm almost every afternoon for the last 3 weeks here. I have started to set my watch by it..."um, it's 2:00...better get the rain slicker outta the toolbox..." Usually we are dry as a bone this time of year....so I ain't complaining. "Money from the Heavens" I call it. Enjoying it while it lasts...something to tell the grandkids about later, I suppose. ;)

I've been standing out in the yard with my EB7000 blowing the storm clouds in a northerly direction. Hoping you yankees get some too! :)

Tried blowing some to the east as well...hang in there, my North Carolina brothers!