1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

They Are Finally Here !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by befnme, Dec 31, 2005.

1. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

our lco's and " lawnboys " around are either black or white . well the day has finally come and the mexicans are here . guess i will get ready to loose some customers and be forced to drop my prices . i hate these dadgone bottom feeders . these guys are not "lawnboys" but are non taxed non liscensed bottom feeders . i hate the fact that i make just as much if not more money than them throughout the year only to have to pay some of my earnings to taxes and they dont . man that boils my blood . :angry: dont get me started on healthcare .also i pay alot for advertisments just to compete but someone sees mexicans on a job and automaticaly pick them to do another because they do it so much cheaper .sorry i just had to vent .
  2. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

They do keep the prices down. That was one of the things that killed me when I did construction, they would underbid all the time and contractors take the lowest price.
  3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I here man in some areas it's worse than others. Most of the Mexican guys around here just work for sombody. There is one Mexican owned company in the area that I know Of, and it's a "real" company. As a black man myself I find that it's not only the Mexicans that will work for peanuts, it's a select few people of all races that will bid work just to get it. I see guys all the time White Black or Mexican who look like they aren't making enough to invest back in there equipment, looks like they are just working for pocket money.
  4. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Very very true.

around here it is mostly the white guys. Too hornery to work for someone else and too stupid to make it work for themselves. they don't concern me much though. I do much better work and am reliable and sober, so I am way ahead of them. Any client who can't see the difference isn't one I want anyway. But it does have an effect on pricing. Setting the low standard and all.

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

It's wrong to assume they're illegal or not paying taxes just because they're Mexican. How do you know what they're charging? Just because they're Mexican they're instantly lowballers! That sounds a bit discriminatory. Quite possibly the owner is naturalized. Competition is a part of business.:waving:
  6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

they are starting to show up here too. so far i see them working for others only.
  7. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Can not blame in on one nationality here locally. First it was our friends from south of the border. Not just Mexicans but from many other countries. When they wanted to earn a living wage then came the Soviet countries, then African countries and the list goes on. The wages never go up or the price of our work do to the influx of cheap labor. AJust part of it.
  8. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

If it wasent for the spanish population in our area I wouldnt be able to work. I hired 6-7 white guys last year and they all quit within 3-4 weeks due to the hot weather....and they all wanted 15+bucks an hour geesh!

Even in our big city there is only a hand full of companies actually ran by the spanish community and they are mostly brick layers and into more heavy construction.

I can trust a group of spanish workers to get a large complex done in a day. The white guys (no offense) either break equipment or take 450 smoke breaks. Leaving the project site less than impressive. All of the good white people that are really hard workers in our area either own a company or are allready employed by another hard working contractor company.
  9. lawnsbyrj

lawnsbyrj LawnSite Member

thing worst part is they are able to steal a job and then when the customer gets fed up they arent gonna call you back they will move on to the next low bid, kinda sucks
  10. lawnsbyrj

lawnsbyrj LawnSite Member

Spanish People come from Spain, not to be a jerk these guys are or latin decent. and around greensboro some are fully latin, and most of the big companies just use these people to put them out of work.
    I have white guys and black guys that are great help when I need the help and I pay them decent and they look after my stuff.
    I guess every one has a diffrent experence with those setups.