1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

They are keepers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by B&K LawnCare, May 21, 2006.

1. B&K LawnCare

B&K LawnCare LawnSite Member

I mowed a lawn today that was overgrown due to the rain. it took me a little bit longer, so I was kindof mad, but when I was done he said it looks great. Then he tells me "make sure you bill me more than the usual since it took you longer" wow wish I had more customers like this.
  2. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

Picked up new account the wed they had a lco but he never showed this spring( i talked to him yesterday and he just plumb forgot abought them) anyway they had not been mowed at all this spiring, they singed up for weekly mowing 31.80 a cut, and i told him it would be double the first cut because it was so tall and had not been cut etc. So i cut everything clean up trim,etc. Leave him a bill for 63.60plus next week cutting of 31.80 so the total was 95.40, i get the payment on friday( quick payment and we all like that) anyway there is the check for 95.40 and 2 20.00 in the invoice and a note thank you for the prompt service and you did a wonderful job, this is a tip to show are aprection thanks again.

Id like to have 75 customers just like that,lol
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, that is very nice, helps a lot.
  4. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah when a customer isnt happy with this or that I get kinda down and even doubt myself sometimes but then you get the other kind of customer who brings you right back up. Keeps me in business.
  5. METRO 36

ever notice the more a customer likes your work and complments you the next time your there you try to do better and better, i think some of them no that to ,lol
  6. Honerlaw-LawnCare

Honerlaw-LawnCare LawnSite Member

yeah i always like those kind of customers, i wish all of them were like that...i had a customer the other day give me a 60 dollar tip after mulching i was really surprised and happy
  7. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

This reminds me of when me and my two guys were power raking a customers yard. It wasn't my customer and I have never spoken to her, I just go there and start working and if anyone asks, I'm subcontracting and you don't have to pay me you wil get billed by them. anyway, I see this grumpy old lady staring out her back door at us and I waved at her 2 or 3 different times and she would completely ignore me. I even commented to my guys that there's a grumpy old lady here lets do a real good job..
    We had already been there about an hour when she finally comes out and I thought she is going to trip out on me for something but she gives us all a ten dollar bill and she is super happy. Asked a few questions but was really nice. Best not to over think things if you have a tendacy to (Like I do).
  8. cessnasovereign

cessnasovereign LawnSite Senior Member

Am I only the only person here who doesn't charge cents on a lawn? I give a flat dollar amount and always round to a 0 or 5, never $91 per cut or $91.79 per cut, for example..
  9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Nope, I do it.
    30, 35, 40, and so on.
    Life is much easier.
  10. METRO 36

I charge 25-30-35-40 etc but in my post was the tax was added on there,or are you trying to say that you charge 50.00 for this yard with the tax figured? ( so the price would actually be 47.17 at 6 percent sales tax) is this what you do? I guess that would make bookwork a lot easier.