They did it again.....

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ThreeWide, Sep 28, 2004.

1. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

I took over a residential account last month for both mowing and fertilization services. Applied pre-emergent on Sep 13 as we normally do here in North GA.

My client had previously canceled the account with the company who shall remain nameless to protect the guilty. (It is not TG/CL)

She calls me today and says, "They are out there spraying my lawn! What should I do?"

Turns out the canceled company showed up and sprayed Pre-M mixed with Threeway today. So now her lawn has had 2 pre-emergent apps within 1 month.

It has happened before....and it will happen again.
  2. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

This has been SOP in the lawn care business for at least 20 years. Continue treatments on a client who cancelled and maybe they will continue with you. Have seen it over and over back in 80's.

If I take on a new client, who has had another lawn care company immediately prior, I tell them to call and get a written confirmation of the cancellation, and a promise that there will be no more treatments. Never had the "mistake" application when this is done.
  3. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

If this is SOP, then the people who make these decisions need to have their own lawn hit with 2-3 lbs of N per 1,000 as punishment.

Then they would know how the client feels in cases like this.
  4. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I worked at Mega Co before and I know for a fact they come out and hope you'll just continue with them....