1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

they don't make striping roller for yours

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Mar 13, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

my dealer says they don't make striping rollers for my 32 exmark, or my 48 bobcat. is there any way to improve the striping without one?
  2. Simone Lawn Service

Simone Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I bought a striping kit from Big League Lawns for the Great Dane I used to have. If you want to go cheap you can use a mudflap off of a semi cut to length (the thicker and lower to the ground the better) I tried that and it worked really well AND WAS CHEAP!
  3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Buy an EXMARK where the Roller Fits!!!
  4. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Well said Gamba!!!
  5. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

A mud flap or a rubber skirt will do the trick, and it will give if you have to go over a stump.
  6. get your deck pitch to around 1/4 inch lower in the front then the back...sweet spot is between a 1/8 and 1/4 inch that should get a fair stripe ..test out various blades mid lift high lift etc on your turf type... try double blade combos to...... and as mentioned try here for a roller www.bigleaguelawns.com
  7. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

build your own......
  8. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey John, I guess you didn't know that eXmark w/b's come standard w/ a "striping" flap?.!
  9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i'll try the deck pitch, i should adjust it using the wheel spacers, right? and the hard plastic? where shall i find such a flap? any ideas?
  10. strayer1

strayer1 LawnSite Member

you can buy truck mud flaps at any truck parts company's