1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

They finally gave in...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tjsquickcuts, Jul 15, 2007.

1. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

The neighbors finally gave in, the last hold out on the street. The lawn is being cut too high, and every two weeks, which is a no no this time of year especially if they have a irrigation system and fertilizer program. I now have 22 homes on the same street and now trying to figure out how to get them all done before 6, because lately we have been there until 7 or 8 pm. Gonna be a killer in the fall but hopefully wont be double cutting then. But the lawn on the left is mine, and the one on the right was this other pretty nice size LCO, but they rush, and it shows. I will take more pics in about two weeks, once we have cut the lawn down about a inch and some change. I dropped some 46-0-0 down on it today, and as soon as I was done, it started to Storm like crazy.....I just smiled and drove off.

2. tjsquickcuts

from Atlanta

a few more of all my green lawns.....last three pics are rye grass overseeding during mid fall. first two are from today...

3. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

Nice man! How many guys do you have working to get all 22 of those done in a day. Probably nice cash since you dont have to travel!
  4. tjsquickcuts

from Atlanta

Man I love it. It takes 5 of us total....2 mowing, 1 trimming, 1 edging and doing misc things, and the other guy pulling/spraying for weeds, helping trim, and any other little small thing that needs to be done. The thing that takes us the longest is blowing. These are some pretty nice size properties, and we have to be very carefully not to ruin the lawns by trying to speed through them. I now plan on getting a walker just for this neighborhood and another one thats even better then this one. Great thing about theses homes, they are all high end properties, and I have them all @ $215 monthly.
  5. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

Nice! you cant beat having that monthly income. Does it take you guys all day? How did you manage to get all of them, word of mouth or advertisements? Thats a pretty nice set up and they all look like they have irrigation which means you dont have to miss weeks in the summer because of droughts. Congrats on monopolizing the whole hood!!!
  6. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Good job and the edging looks nice ! Way to go !
  7. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

that must be nice to have 22 on lone street. we do anywhere from 35-40 a day, and they are all atleast 2 blocks apart each. makes a hell of a day for 3 ppl. but our yards are alot smaller though. i wish i could get that many in a row.
  8. tjsquickcuts

from Atlanta

Here are a few updated photos from Friday. Same home, but lawn is looking much better now that we are on the job. Another week or two, and it should start striping really well. Also, with the little rain we have had, and a little 46-0-0, the lawn is starting to get really thick and green.

SCAG POWER LawnSite Senior Member

Nice looking yards, that you have there.I figured it was Atlanta even before sliding the paage over. You could tell just by the way the street looked. At $215.00 or a month based on 42 cuts per thats a nnice hit and you do not have too drive all over. In Orlando these would go for about $125.00 per month or untill a FIREMAN under cuts you.:usflag:
  10. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice Orbs too!! lol