1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

They finally got me

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by sulcl, Dec 27, 2009.

1. sulcl

sulcl LawnSite Member

Been in business for three years now, never a problem. Just a couple of days ago got 2 br550 and 1 br600 stolen out of enclosed trailer. It isnt even safe closed and locked up.

2. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

damn that sucks!! sorry to hear about that. did they go thru the side door or a rear one?

3. sulcl

sulcl LawnSite Member

thru my side door, ya it sucks. They are getting clever now

4. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

yea thats what i thought. when i ordered my enclosed trailer i thought about not getting a side but then decided to get one. once i pick up the trailer i am putting plywood and 2x4's over the side door so there is no access to it. i figured if i didnt get the side door it would be harder to sell if i ever decided to get rid of it.

5. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

wow that really sucks. i hope you find your stuff

6. cmlandscapeconstruction

cmlandscapeconstruction LawnSite Member

your subject/title makes it sound like a right of passage!

7. Jake99

Jake99 LawnSite Member

What is a BR550/600? I stupid.

8. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I always locked my side door from the inside.....

yeah getting stuff stolen seems to be a rite of passage...

one thing I did, on all my equipment was to engrave a unique asset number on the unit. took a pic of it and then keep that in the binder int eh truck. I was able to get a stolen blower back this way... went to a pawn shop the pawn guy reported it and it was on the police blotter. the kid that pawned got arrested... most S/N on the small stuff is on a decal that is easily removed...

9. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Stihl blowers

10. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

I unload my enclosed every day and then leave it unlocked so the doors dont get pryed open. If its unlocked and empty they wont damage the doors and there is nothing to steal.