They got me today!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by southtx, Dec 12, 2006.

1. southtx

southtx LawnSite Member

Damm Im so pissed off!!!! I got a call today for my mother asking me how or who has my trailer because its not in the drive. Well the other kicker is that I had just got a 50 inch gravely that I put some money in (parts,labor) and that was sitting in the trailer also. Damm....I wish I was here when it was going on...I have a real good friend that would have loved to meet them. :hammerhead: Well I called the cops and my insur. and that came out ok but I wish I would have gotten more but at least I got something. Damm Im so mad I worked hard for all that stuff just to have some jack a$$ come by and take it just like that. Now the thing that gets me now is...what do I do now?? I feel that I can no longer leave my new trailer locked up and chained to a B-ball post any more. That the way I had the old one and they cut all that crap!!! Man I so pissed!!!!!! Is there anyone that keeps you tool at storage places? How has that worked out?? Do u feel safe there? Do you leave all of your stuff there or just the trailer??? MAN THIS SUCKS!!! THANKS for letting me vent. Any info will help.
  2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

That sucks buddy....... My wife and I did have a storage unit until it got broke into 2 times. Now we have our own barn to store things in. Good luck!!!!
  3. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

horrible, sorry to hear about that! Get an alarm maybe? or a good dog? I don't know man, I am just throwing out ideas. If they want it bad enough...
    you know the rest of the statement.
  4. CleanCutProLawn

CleanCutProLawn LawnSite Member

Put up a security cam, if you can't get the real deal get a fake one. You can get a wireless security cam and monitor for about 200 bucks. Nothing fancy but it gets the job done.
  5. southtx

southtx LawnSite Member

I got 2 good dog and this all went on around 1:00 pm...and yes I knew what your going to say...thanks for the ideas.
  6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Great idea! I got a system for about $800 from SAMS . it came with 3 cameras a 13" tv and a VCR
  7. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Unless it came with guns mounted to the cameras, it's just going to piss you off even more WATCHING somebody take your stuff and not being able to see anything to identify them.

DOLMARatOS LawnSite Member

Park your trailer and equipment in a fenced in area of your back yard. Lock everything. I actually have LCO's that park their equipment on the trailer with the trailer on cement blocks. Everything gets chained with Kryptonite chains or gets put under cover.

If they don't know you have it, they won't steal it. Having your stuff locked inside your own building is the best method. I find that #2 rock salt in 12 guage shells has an effective range of about 50 yards. Non-lethal, non-traceable but ohhhhhhh, the sound of a pump action Mossberg is a very very good deterent to grab and run tactics.

Take a look at a motorcycle owner. They lock and chain their own bikes in their own garages.

In the end, if they are determined they will steal it anyway. Your trailer was stolen by a shady LCO or some crook looking to start-up a business. Both items are very very difficult to fence for quick cash.
  9. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

What about using the locks that go around the wheels? Do those work very good?
  10. CleanCutProLawn

CleanCutProLawn LawnSite Member