1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

They Have Nicknames For "Us"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HOOLIE, Aug 23, 2004.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

One of my customers left me a message Sunday "I'm getting ready to mail out some bills, but I realized you'll be by tomorrow, so why don't you just knock on the door, I have your check"

So today I mow, finish up, and knock on the door. I'm waiting for a few seconds, then I see the teenage daughter peek out the window. "It's Mower Man" I hear her yell. The lady comes out with the check, we exchange chit-chat. "So, I'm Mower Man, huh". She looked embarassed. "Oh, you heard that. That's what the kids call you."

There was a thread recently about customer nicknames, never occured to me that they have nicknames for us, too.

Anybody got a nickname?
  2. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

My next door neighbours 5 year old niece calls me the "lawn mow man", but other than that its usually "hey you" or "lawn guy".
  3. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

lol, hey you ... people out in the boonies call you that eh?

Over here where its' NORMAL people, they call you by your 1st name! :)
  4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawn Monkey's Down Here
  5. big tim afm

big tim afm LawnSite Member

Yah my nick name is BIG TIM, had it since age 15 because my feet are so big. I'M 6'2 315 with size 17 boot. Full time corrections officer. the prisons also call me BIG COUNTRY, BOATS, BIG FOOT.

IMPACT LawnSite Member

I think I'd call you sir:eek:
  7. siclmn

siclmn LawnSite Senior Member

I heard a lady on the phone say "my lawn boy is here" I am 55 years old.
  8. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

I have this old couple and I heard him tell his wife " get mower boys check" I have $19,000 in Equipment and a truck which totaled are about three times what they paid for their house in the 60's and I am "mower boy" Go figure !
  9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I have a whole neighborhood that calls me "The Lawnmower Man".
  10. Lawntycoon

Lawntycoon LawnSite Member

I just woke up and thought id see what was happening on here ...I got to tell you guys.....This is just too funny.......But im beginning to wonder what they call me now....HMMMM LOL