They should all be like this...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Splicer, May 24, 2006.

1. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Went to a customer house to do other than lawn care work today for the 1st time. Guy took a look at my signs on the bucket and asked "You cut grass too?" Heres your sign:hammerhead: ..."How much?"

So I walked around, saw that alot of trimming, told him a price and he said "Great, I'll call the other guy and tell him I won't need him any more" (he was ticked trimming wasn't done and even more ticked when i told him his lawn (new, seedling) wasn't ready to be cut). I asked what the other guy charged and come to find out I am $15 more:cool2: . So this is where the lowballer got his IMO:clapping:

Just wanted to share, made me feel good like I am appreciated...:headphones:

2. cessnasovereign

cessnasovereign LawnSite Senior Member

Haha good one. Someone I gave a quote to for $35 for a 1/4 acre said no thanks because they already had one for $23! STUPID LOWBALLERS!

3. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I was loading up my equipment and a car drove by stopped while i was on my trailer and asked if i cut grass.:dizzy:

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

You should have replied, "nope, I just like to drive around pulling this trailer and these mowers on it" :laugh:

5. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Rod, I think your signature line would be a great comeback to "Do you cut grass?"

Has anyone gotten "Do you cut around here?" while in a certain neighborhood that your in week in week out? I got it once and well I'm sure I'll get it again someday.

Rob

6. rodfather

good one Rob...damn, didn't even think of that :laugh:

7. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

If you don't mind if I get the old "Do you cut grass?" when I am loading or unloading my mower I'd like to use your signature line. I know that if I used that line I would get nothing but a blank stare in return.

Rob

8. rodfather

should be good for a few laughs when you're tossing a couple down at the end of the day :drinkup: