They Should All Be This Easy

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by STONE SCAPES, Nov 18, 2006.

1. STONE SCAPES

STONE SCAPES LawnSite Member

HERE'S A WALL WE DID THIS YEAR. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. CONTACTOR CALLED ME TO CLEAN OUT THE BACK YARD. 1 30 YARD DUMPSTER LATER AND A FEW YARDS OF FILL AND SOME WALL BLOCK. WAS GREAT NO LAWN YET [NO RESEEDING :clapping: ].

BEFORE 1.jpg

BEFORE 2.jpg

FINISHED 1.jpg

FINISHED 2.jpg

FINISHED 3.jpg

2. STONE SCAPES

Here's Some More Pic's

FINISHED 4.jpg

STEPS.jpg

STEPS 1.jpg

3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I think the far right section of the wall (The round area next to the steps) is far to close to that tree.

I also think the drains pointing out are quite ugly, Core drilling and using a ornamental cover makes a BIG difference.

That said, wall looks good and good job on the clean up, How much time and what machines did you use?

4. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

What are the plans for that raised deck?? It appears to have a space for steps. or its just not finished.

5. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

why wouldn't they just bring in fill and slope the yard to the back? it looks like a strange place to put a wall in the middle of the yard. but it is a nice wall. the steps look nice

6. tylermckee

tylermckee LawnSite Member
    from wa

7. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, from that angle you can see the distance, On this one it looks like it was right in front of the wall.

[​IMG]

My goof.

8. STONE SCAPES

Thanks For The Reply's Used A Kabotu L 35 To Do Clean Up. Took A Day With Just Me And Stacking The Wood In The Dumpster Neatly. The Tree IS A Good Five Feet Away From The Wall. When Posting Photo Knew That Would Come Up. Stairs Had Not Been Put On Deck Yet When Pic Was Taken. Drains Where Cut Back And Capped Next Day Forgot To Take Pic. To Answer Sloping The Yard. By Putting In The Wall Gave The Customer More Use Of The Yard. Two Level Spaces. No Chasing The Ball Down The Hill[lol].

9. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Job looks goog. The only thing i would of done different on the left wall left side. I would of stepped wall back in to bank so the ends wasent showing except some of top course and cap. This is only my personel preference not a negative reply to your work.
    Mike

10. STONE SCAPES

THE CONTRACTOR THAT BUILT IT JUST SOLD IT AS I WAS JUST FINISHING THE WALL. BUYER HAD THE BUILDER LAY STONE ON TOP OF WALL FOR HIS DOG WITH A PENN UNDER THE DECK. BUILDER LAYED MULCH ON THIS AREA WE CLEAND OUT.

BEFORE 3.jpg

BEFORE 4.jpg

site map 2A.jpg