They WASHED my truck!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by battags, Sep 21, 2003.

1. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

I have to be working for the nicest customers in the world. I pulled up to their house today and they wife and three kids were washing their family cars. After cutting thier back yard (about 3/4 acre) I came back to the truck to see them drying it with a chamois! They washed the whole thing!

After dealing with some lousy and ungreatful customers today, that really shocked me!

2. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

In a case like that I wouldn't charge them for the lawn. I hate using my days off to wash vehicles. Just thank them and be on my way.
  3. Black Water

Black Water LawnSite Senior Member

I wish someone would wash my truck. :cry:

You insomniacs gotta try and get some sleep. :sleeping:
  4. GLAN

GLAN Banned

LOL BW that is what Sundays are for......:p

It's hard enough getting some Ice Water from people.

If you had the money with you. Give the kids $5 each.

Or get $5 certificates from McDonalds or something.
  5. challenger55

challenger55 LawnSite Member

to do that they must really like u
    do you guys have any customers that tell u, u can go in the garage and get a coke out of the refrigerator any time u want
  6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Apparently you are doing something right.
    Keep up the GOOD work!
  7. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

I have at least 10 customers that always bring me and the crew cokes when they see that we are finished. Best part of my day is an ICE COLD COKE :D :D :D
  8. LawnSite Member

I have my crews be responsible for washing trucks , most of all the interiors where they dump their coffee cups and cigarette wrappers ! before they can get their paychecks !
  9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

That's a great story! :)
  10. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, there good people. They really take great efforts in raising their kids right, too.

Not that I wouldn't do good work for all of my customers, but things like that don't make it seem like work at all. Know what I mean? It really makes you want to go the extra distance.