They're ruining our city!!!

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Team-Green L&L, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Our city is getting a major overhaul and I guess they contracted out a wall on the main street to some idiots that did this. I really would like to know people's opinions of me talking to the city engineer's office about it without sounding like I'm trying to "steal a deal" because I'm not. I won't do work in the same (small) city I live. It's too small for that and Cincinnati's too close with plenty of work.

IMG00236.jpg

IMG00240.jpg

IMG00242.jpg

2. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, what's the problem??? It looks like typical government work to me... J/K, that is quite awful.

3. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Your in a commercial work zone, paid by your local taxes. What did you expect? Quality?? :dizzy:

4. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

Did they at least trim the bark smooth around the edges of the gash they put in the tree.

5. Team-Green L&L

Man, I don't know who got this contract, but I'm "teed-off" because of the location of this awful wall. It's in the freaking center of town. Visibility is at it's max.

6. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

Is that an add-on to an existing wall or is that what they call blending? It doesn't even look like the same block.

7. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I personally think your level is broken, and that looks like transition blend from AB stone. :rolleyes:

8. Team-Green L&L

It's not the same product, but it's even the same distributor and it wasn't an add-on, so they're out of excuses in my book. I just can't explain how this happened. The Development Director called today and said it was a state-contracted project. That could explain it. He said he'd look into it. We'll see....

My guess is that they started with the Allan Block for the unit size and realized that they didn't look good without capstones when you need to step down, so switched to the Windsor block. Whatever the reason, this isn't acceptable in my book.

IMG00237.jpg

9. jepthng

jepthng LawnSite Member

did you expect norwood to actually do something the right way?