They're still here

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DFW Area Landscaper, Mar 10, 2006.

1. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Just got a call from another established lawn mowing company in my area. It appears that he has recieved two door hangers at his house with people still trying to capture market share at $20 per cut.

I have personally spoken with most of the established lawn mowing companies in the area and pretty much everyone is going back to $25 & up.

All it takes is one guy trying to capture market share at $20/cut and every body else panics. We will try to contact these guys and talk some sense into them.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Your not gonna stop those guys, they is always going to be someone with that idea.

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

thats the epidemic, around here it is a 3 year old price thing. you get the prices where they need to be and some guy with no idea of his overhead costs are comes in and underbids for the prices 3 years ago. Theres not much you can do about it but find the good customers.

4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I suppose they should call the guys charging $15 per cut

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

You should see if they are paying taxes. If not take it from there.

6. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

they can only cut so much so i dont worry. They pic up 30 accounts i pic up
    10 takes them 5 days to cut 30 takes me half day to cut 10 hes getting 20 a cut im getting 35 so be it . But i still got all week and a half day left

7. ZaK18

ZaK18 LawnSite Member

Every year in my area, there are flyers advertising prices as low as $18 a cut...Its funny, I never see any or these lowballing scrubs actually working...and have never lost any accounts on price...although I hate the fact that it decreases the percieved value of the work...I do however get a few calls a year, asking if Ill match the lower price....NOPE

Zack

8. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Be careful what you do. Price fixing is illegal!!!

9. Crystal

Crystal LawnSite Member

these are the guys you talk to later and they all say we used to do 30 lawns but i decided to switch carrers

10. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

what are you talking about?