1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

thickest st.augustine this season

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by williams lcm, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I don't mow but I see the Right Of Way and lot mowing companies using the 72 inch models. They appear to be reliable because those people are running them from morning to night with no rest.

I can say one way or an other about the Cut because they are cutting mostly weeds. But for weeds mowing the cut doesn't look bad. BTW I remember Hustlers being rear discharge over 20 years ago. Not many mower are rear discharge, But I think that is an advantage.
  2. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I stopped stressing the weather years ago.
  3. ch4x0r

ch4x0r LawnSite Senior Member

Here is my yard and st augustine and i'm in tennessee! [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  4. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanks Ric.
    The SZ would be great for that kind of thing, where a few clumps here and there dont matter. Also, it seems the 72" isnt a problem with clumping, just the 60".
    St Aug is very similar to our Sir Walter (buffalo) and causes me all kinds of problems with clumping.
  5. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

If you are on the new deck which I am assuming I do not have a issue with clumping. Mine is a x-one and not the super but I generally do not have a issue with clumping even in wetter conditions. I will note however I removed the side discharge in the first week and have since installed a chute blocker. The new deck IMHO is a discharge machine.
  6. bradsmowing

bradsmowing LawnSite Member

mickhippy im running two new hustlers a xone 54 in and a super z 60 in the xone has a mulching kit on it and the super i side discharge very happy with the new hustlers one the southern turf
  7. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

I get a great actual cut but I do get a lot of clumping. If any of you have followed the Super Z Updates thread you would of seen what Im going through. Its happening with the X1 as well so its deck, not machine related.
    Anyway, if anyone has had the clumping problems, Id love to know what you did to fix it. Ive tried all kinds of blades, several turbo baffles and even cut a piece out of the deck, which is no back on it. Even deck pitch has been played with.