Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookiemower, Aug 24, 2003.

1. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

in the last month in my county two trucks with trailors loaded with equipment have been stolen along with two other trailors by themselves the dealers in my aera are actually posting signs to watch out
    I HATE THIEFS:angry:
  2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Don't Leave Your Keys In The Truck:mad:
  3. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I always keep a gun and a shovel handy for thieves.:)
  4. TaussigLawnCare

TaussigLawnCare LawnSite Member

that sucks bad I had all my trimmers and blowers stolen last year:angry:
  5. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

i had my equipment stolen my first month of business.ever sense then it has been in storage unit. well worht the monthly deduction..
  6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I had a blower and 5 gallons of fuel stolen a few weeks ago. I'm glad it wasn't anything else. I dispise theives!
  7. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I know of quite a few guys who have had theur stuff stolen. That's why I have insurance, an enclosed trailer and I store that in a public storage space every night. It costs a little bit (all deductable) but it saves agrivation and more financing.
  8. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

I caught a guy trying to steal my stuff. i was in the back of the property and I was coimg to the front with my weedeater wide open so I guess the thief thought I was still in the back. I had all my stuff locked up but he was still trying to get the stuff. I came up to the trailer with the weed eater wide open and scared the living sh## out of him. About the same time the garbage people had come aroudn the corner and on of them hit the guy with a trash can the driver called the local Police and they took the dumb SOB away. He told the cops he was just looking at my stuff, but the garbage guys said that they seen him from the street behind us so they came to help out. I was going to string him with the weedeater but the garbage man beat me to him. It is always good to lock you stuff up even if your are with in veiw of it.
    Thank God for the garbage people
  9. richard coffman

richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member

I don't care for thieves, I've had a few things stolen from my truck a few years ago. on one ocasion, I drove to the shop and went into the office for 30 seconds, came out and my new stihl weedeater was gone that fast. I now like the idea of a completely enclosed trailer with locks. I don't keep the equipment in it thou, I have a storage unit that pretty secured with alarms and guards and stuff. I pay a bit more but it's better to pay that than pay more later on replacing equipment and downtime.
  10. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

just letum steal it. our insurance rates ,are already out the roof.u putting one under and just keeping quiet about it wont help . of course now if enough of us,, did that terrible thing. mabe our insurance rates would go way dn..uh huh.. chippers work pretty well for limbs etc.
    can u hear me talkin.. t
    signed ,the terrible,terrible thief hater.