1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Thieves selling equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rider1000, Apr 28, 2001.

1. rider1000

rider1000 LawnSite Member

I was mowing one of my large residentials the other day, when a guy walks up to me wanting to sell a blower and trimmer to me. I asked him who he stole them from, and he said he was getting divorced and was selling all his stuff before his wife did. Anybody ever had this happen to them? Told him don't be coming around trying to steal my stuff next week.
  2. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

They could be what you said they are or he is just trying to get the upper hand on his wife.I have seen the same thing around here with heavy equipment guys would rather sell it before the divorce lawyers get it.But your right if he was going around trying to sell it off his truck.
  3. Holloway Lawns

Holloway Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

In 95 I had three, 3 month old Toro's get taken one was a rider, one was a walkbehind the other was a push and I was in the back trimming and I was still paying on them I had lost my larger accounts because of this and had to get a regular job. Now I am trying to get back into it. I am thinking of getting an enclosed triler so I can keep my things locked up and out of site from thieves. What do you all think?
  4. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Insurance would help....
  5. Holloway Lawns

Holloway Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Please dont remind me. I was looking for the right insurance at the time. Just I was rely busy with work and did not take more time to go out and get it done then it was too late. I sure know better now.