Thieves stealing backflows

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by TScapes, Apr 14, 2008.

1. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys! Was wondering if you are having problems with people stealing your backflows? I had several props get hit over the winter. Looks like someone took a sawzall to it and stole the backflow! You can actually drive down a couple of roads and see every backflow within sight has been hit in some areas of town. A sub of mine actually said that they got a call last fall that one neighborhood had 75 homes get hit in one night.

All we can figure is that they are stealing the things for cash for their drug money! Go figure!

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Bring back antisyphon valves!!

2711apr.jpg

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I've had only a few taken fro properties I've worked on. Yes it's being sold for scrap, then drugs. Same with electrical wires between light poles. Talked with one landscaper today that had their 14 gauge wire pulled out of a commercial install this winter that they were doing.

4. They are stealing catalytic converters around here for the platinum...cutting them right off trucks...

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

We should all hit the crack pipe and get in to such cool endeavors.

Next ting you know, they'll be shipping their crap across country in a case of 5000's.

"Thats just teflon tape, occifer!"

6. farmboy1285

farmboy1285 LawnSite Senior Member

I guess in the so called "hood" of kc they rip the gas pipes up and then the gas goes everywhere causing massive explosions:blob2:, then another guy told me that a this one fire station in the "hood" a bunch of these guys got tougher and called in a fake fire then when the trucks left the station they ran in under the closing doors and stole a bunch of stuff. Talk about low

7. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

well....they dont exactly explode. If that ever happens we call the gas company first to shut down the line and then we quarantine he area and or neighborhood off and we let all the odors clear out. The gas company fixes the line and then we allow people to move back into their homes. Most of the gas lines are copper pipes. Very Valuable.

8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

You guys need to pay your cops better.

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Copper gas lines? Time to move up to plastic.

10. Can't put a cop at every COPper fitting. Hyuk Hyuk