1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Things changed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shortbox, Jun 5, 2002.

1. shortbox

shortbox LawnSite Member
    from Mi.

On 5-27 of this year I found the awesome site.Had a plan of attack,just a couple of things had to fall into place.Well
    it more like fell apart.The guy I was going to buy out backed out.My uncle who was going to help me saddly got killed in a auto accedent.So I have decided not to pursue this field.Guess the accedent had a lot to do with it.Thanks for your help and Good Luck to all of you.
  2. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear about your situation. But if this is what you really want dont give up so easy.
  3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

an established business is fine to buy i guess, but you can always start out small and build your customer base as you go. doesn't take a whole lot. sorry to hear about your uncle.
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I understand the "down and out" feel you have right now. But some of the best things come from the hardest situations.

Is it really worth anything if it comes easily? Would your uncle expect you to give up so easily?
  5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Don't forget that things are always worst just before they get better. Things will work out one way or another, however it's meant to be. Sorry to hear about your uncle...
  6. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Dealing with difficult situations can teach you a lot and make you stronger. If your dream is to own and operate a business in this industry, don't completely give up hope. Not everyone here on this site was an instant owner. Sometimes you have to learn, be patient, and build from the ground up. It builds character and it will force you to learn the industry. Best of Luck. There is a lot of great helpful information on this site. Use it, learn from it.
  7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

ill second what these guys said . read their wds again cause there is real make a difference things said. sorry for your loss.
  8. Rich54

Rich54 LawnSite Member

Shortbox, sorry about your loss but one thing I remind myself often is that life hands us alot of thingsthat are good and bad(hard) andthats ok because what matters is how we handle them! Don`t give up !!!
  9. kerr lawn

kerr lawn LawnSite Member

just remember your age is not your maturity, it is what you been through in those years. sorry about your lose and i bet your uncle is looking down at you right now saying get yo butt in gear and start cutting some grass.
  10. shortbox

shortbox LawnSite Member
    from Mi.

Yu guys are right.Like Keer Lawn said
    he would want you to get my butt in gear and go,so that's what I am going to do.
    Tims Lawn Care n Snowplowing

Thanks guys just needed a little push!