Things customers do to tic you off

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KIDWITHADREAM, Sep 11, 2005.

1. KIDWITHADREAM

KIDWITHADREAM LawnSite Member

Sorry guys i need to vent.........
    I call my customer today about a late payment from the month of August, and he explodes!! This guy is a joke. Hes complaining because he just wrote me a check a week ago for the month of July. The guy is always LATE, so he thinks im double charging him for the month. The thing that ticked me off most was he said " Your f*&^% over charging me, and your books are right!" Oh buddy, i spend hours every weeks doing books, so i dont have problems :realmad: . Anyways, what do customers do to really tic you off???

Thanks, i feel much better :cool:

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Leave stuff on the lawn. You should have your customer leave a Check for you when you cut.

John

3. Scotts' Yard Care

Scotts' Yard Care LawnSite Senior Member

Most of our problems come from customers over watering and over fertilizing and we cannot convince some of them of just how bad this is for their lawns.

4. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

they got a vahicle in the middle of the back yard and they know that wednesday is mow day always in the early a.m then when i finish cutting around it and start loading my equipment (cause i aint gonna beg em to move it every week) they finally wanna move it and expect me to re-unload and go around back to cut that little spot.

5. waffletown20

waffletown20 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Blow up swimming pools in the yard that I have to mow a million circles so I don't discharge into and overwatering so when I pull up it's a foot high. You should only water enough to keep it green and healthy not to turn it into a giant swamp!

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

You gotta love the customers (and this has been written about several times before) that come out as soon as you start mowing and decide NOW is the time to start weeding beds, caring for flowers, wiping the car, sweeping the patio, or anything ELSE that needs to be done that puts them in your way and harm's way.

7. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

i just hate it when stuff is in the yard, sprinkers, toys, poop, etc... but honestly i only have like 2 customers that do this to me, thank god.

8. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

Two things.1 kids toys 2 dog crap.it got to the point where i told my costomers that they had to pick it up.

9. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

everyone is saying it and i agree 100% crap in the yard is the worst also i have a couple people who think complete yard maintenance is included in the price like the lady who asked me to run my mowers over her garden to kill her weeds or some wanted bushes pruned....theyre all crazy

10. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Dog crap and when customers drain their pools in their yards. :)