Things I love about Texas

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Obviously we don't have a monopoly on wild flowers, Hispanic culture, and great food. But for whatever reason they just seem better here. The first pics are my bike riding trails with Beau. He leads and chooses the paths, I just follow. Almost lost him to a coyote the other day. Talk about a screaming mad biking irrigator. That coyote gave up the chase and slinked off.

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

2. Some may remember my Chuey posts. Chuey is the greatest thing an irrigator can have available. When I or Henry run into an incredibly difficult or physically overwhelming repair we turn it over to Chuey. Usually the conversation goes like this. "I think this is going to be a chuey job." Followed by silence. Then a follow up response "It's that bad huh?" Anyway he is a first generation Mexican. Has been here 20+ years. Is one of the hardest working guys I know. His home is awesome. He took a run down house and just made it immaculate with stone work and add-ons. Between him and his wife they have 9 brothers and sisters in the same neighborhood. Anyway his daughter just graduated and is an outstanding student who will now be heading off to UT (tu) to prepare for a career in medicine. This was the food part. The cactus was used to make that side dish.

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

3. Here is the cactus dish.

cactus.jpg

cactus meal.jpg

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

:::drool:::

5. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

peter are those pictures around white rock lake?

6. No. You won't believe how close it is to us. You've driven by it a 1,000 times. I'll give you the GPS when I go this morning and you can hunt it down.

7. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

I just love Fimco

8. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

Good pics of the wildflowers. I lived in Dallas for about 8 years and had forgotten how pretty the ditches can get. Other great things about Texas...

Tex Mex food (6 years since I had a good chile rellano...)
    Ice cold beer (Shinerbock preferably, but always served at about 31F)
    Decent weather (yeah, yeah.. the odd tornado, but nice warm summers are great)
    Good road system.
    Busty blondes with good accents...

9. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

:::Loads trencher, hooks up trailer to wife's Yukon, heads west:::

10. LawnMastersTx

LawnMastersTx LawnSite Member

That food looks delicious!!! Glad I live in Texas, it is such a beautiful place.