Things that bother you when working?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Apr 25, 2008.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

There are three things in order from most aggravating to least that bother me when I'm working on a lawn. First, have you every tried mowing and there are cars everywhere on the grass and in the way? I hate it! Then it takes forever to get them to move the vehicles. Second, I hate trying to blow and clean up after when there are cars where grass and debris is underneath them. No matter how much you try the grass will STAY underneath the car. So aggravating. Third, you're trying to blow and the wind wants to go where you don't want the debris to go. Also is a pita when the picky neighbor is watching you so you don't get a piece of grass on their side, oh yeah well the wind will blow all your clipping over there where they shouldn't be. Well those are the things that really bother me when I'm mowing. What's yours?

2. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Leaf season when it is windy and its going the wrong way. When you have a break down and you are a hour behind and everybody has to talk to you that day.

3. Jason

Jason LawnSite Senior Member

When they move there car after your mowers are loaded up.

4. yardtamer

yardtamer LawnSite Member

DOG POOP!!!! do I need to say anything else..?

5. bibbo

bibbo LawnSite Member

i agree on that one!!!:clapping:

6. Dave_005

Dave_005 LawnSite Senior Member

Dog Poop ! Stepping in it or getting it on the mower.. cars on the lawn i just cut around them ! if they move them later then they can deal with the patch in the yard until next week. they know when i'm coming and should have moved them before you got there ! so to me thats thier problem

7. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

DOG POOP yes and since I wear hearing protection and listen to an mp3 under that, I hate when people try and talk to me.

8. lawn dogg

lawn dogg LawnSite Member

people leaving garden hoses, sprinklers and trash everywhere, same lawns everytime. :nono:

9. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

Oh yeah wind blowing the leaves in my face, this always happens to me in fall and winter. I agree with all of the things mentioned.
    Here are some more that get me. In no particular order...
    1) Not only cars parked in the grass, but people that pull in the grass while you are mowing. They see you cutting and park there anyway.
    2) Garden hoses, toys, and in one yard golf balls all over the yard sometimes when I pull up to service.
    3)When someone pulls in a parking lot of a business I am servicing and just sits in the car. I am afraid to blow around the care with them in it. And it sounds rude to ask them to move.
    4)Anyone that stops me to talk while I am mowing or string trimming. :nono:
    5)People who come outside at my commercial accounts to smoke or talk on their cell phones while I am mowing, line trimming, or blowing near them. They certainly will not get out of my way. They seem to have the idea that I am going to stop servicing while they do their thing.

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Dog crap is a big one, toys in the yard, garden hoses ect. People being outside is another one too. Not always my customers but neighboors...