I want to know if anyone has any "real" ways that they have discovered to make life easier for the solo operator. I have basically gotten so fed up with the sheer lack of descent employees that I have decided to go back to a solo operation. My plan is to cut back to about $90,000 a year and get rid of my least profitable stuff and do it all myself. Problem is I have not done this by myself full time in about 7 years. I'm looking for tips and items that may make it easier to get all my accounts done. I'm not looking for what kind of radio you listen too or what kind of cell phone I'm talking actual things that make for more productive work. I'm liking the idea of the edgit thing if it can actually speed things up though I'm pretty fast "free hand" I have not timed it to see if it is faster to run the stick and trimmer or just do it all with the trimmer. What about those mower mounted edgers that grasshopper makes, anyone ever use one? Anyone ever experiment with mid day blade changes? I've also thought about breaking my day into two shifts. 7-12 3-8 getting 3 hours in the middle for rest and repairs with 10 hours of mowing. Instead of 12 hour days where you get 90% of you work done in the first 8 hours and it takes 4 hours to get the other 10% because you are dragging a$%. I'm thinking that changing socks/boots halfway through the day would help the feet out a lot too. This is the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Stuff to speed things up or stuff to keep you going.